Chapter 9: Everest's Disappearance

A little further from Adventure Bay is a town called Foggy Bottom. The mayor, who is supposed to live in a big house, lives in a secret lair. He has six kittens, they are all as vilains as him. This mayor is called Mayor Humdinger. Inside, he's locked up a poor sleeping husky.

Mayor Humdinger: Mouhaha !! Over the past few weeks, I've renovated our lair into a big base! New technologies! New plans! New ..... The kittens? What do you think? Did I make my plan well?

The kittens: Meow Meow ....

Mayor Humdinger: Thank you thank you!

Mayor Humdinger, with the help of a vilain scientist, made some kind of injection. This injection gets into the pups. And the pups will, then, obey all the owner's orders.
Mayor Humdinger had the idea to put the injection in Chase, then he and Chase would end the Paw Patrol forever. But it was very difficult to catch Chase. He then had the idea to put the injection in Skye, then Chase will come to rescue her, and he too will have the injection. Mayor Humdinger's drone had spotted Chase on the mountain, and it seemed that Chase cares more about Everest than Skye. He then decided to change his plan, he will catch Everest. Chase will surely come to rescue her.

Mayor Humdinger: The kittens? Do you agree to share this place with our 2 new friends? Everest and Chase? They will obey us, and Bye bye the Paw Patrol forever. But when the Paw Patrol is gone, maybe I will .... steal gems with the help of the two pups! Mouhahaha !! I am a genius!

The kittens: Meow Meow ...
(In their language: Of course, of course, and we are nothing)

Everest POV
I still have a headache, it looks like I've slept for a long time ... I remember Chase ... where I was? I'm starting to see bars in front of me ... I'm in a cage!? I'm starting to see a face that I don't like to see.

Me: Mayor Humdinger !!? What else have you got planned !?

Mayor Humdinger: Oh .. Nothing at all ..

I feel something stinging on my skin. Humdinger is giving me something. I feel all tired, and I lose consciousness.

No POV

Mayor Humdinger: Now, plan no. 2!

At the Lookout, after the mission, in the evening

Skye: Chase! Are you coming to play with us?

Chase: I'm coming ... after.

Chase walks away from the pups, and contacts his friend with his puptag.

Chase: Everest? Everest? It's Chase. Everest?

No answer.

Chase runs to his owner.

Chase: Ryder !! Everest does not answer me!

Ryder: But why did you call her?

Chase: Because ... Uh .... I ... Just .... Anyway, can you call Jake?

Ryder: Okay.

Ryder calls Jake on his puppad.

Ryder: Jake, I would like to know ...

Jake: I think it can wait. I arrived 5 minutes ago, and I can't find Everest. Could you help me?

Ryder: Everest ....

Ryder frowns

Ryder: Paw Patrol !! To the Lookout!