01: the beginning

sunni pov

BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!!
I opened my eyes slowly
BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!!
where was I again?
BEEP!! BEEP!! BE- SLAM

I slammed my hand into the alarm clock.
"IM AWAKE!" I shouted. "you don't have to remind me 47 thousand fucking times."

god I hate mondays. it was the first day of school in the new year, and I was NOT excited to have to go back to school. I had enjoyed my break. I went Jeju with Jieun, went snowboarding with sunoo, and then spent the rest of my freetime either skating or playing COD with jay.

needless to say, it was a lot better than school. I had all these big exams coming up in a few weeks, and then shortly after that, prom.

saying that it was junior year, it was going to be the first year that I could go. I'm thrilled. the only problem is, I have nobody to go with. normally I'd go to events like this with Jieun, but she recently has been seeing someone, and I have no doubt that he'll ask her to prom (or vice versa).

don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her, I just wish she wouldn't leave me to die like this. I mean, I guess I could go with sunoo, but then people would think we were dating. we're not.

he's got his heart set on someone else. therefore, I'm left to die alone. great.

forget that, I was running late to my first day back at school. that wouldn't be great for my marks. I quickly popped a piece of bread in the toaster, said goodbye to my lazy ass older sister, and headed out the door, toast in mouth and hands full with books.

"you forgot your keys dipshit" my sister shouted as I walked out of the house.

"thanks. kinda need those." I replied. I grabbed my keys, almost dropped my books, and headed on my way.

ding!

what now?! I'm already late enough! I thought as I checked my phone.

Jungwon 🤠

HELLO?!
SUNNI
SUNNI?
SUNNI?!
S
U
N
N
I
!!

WHAT?! I'm late to school!!

uh, you're supposed to drive me to school today. I can't drive remember?!

shit. I forgot that I was driving jungwon to school as well.

Jungwon 🤠

IM SO SORRY!! I FORGOT!! I'll be there in 5.

you better be.

Damn it. Not only am I late, I've made another person late as well. I'm a terrible friend.

after picking up the child, we drove to school. I felt terrible for being late. I promised to take him for some ice cream later.

we made it to school right at the bell.
sunoo and jieun are going to kill me. I thought.

sure enough, I walked into class and jieun was standing with sunoo with the "I'm going to give you a lecture because you're not responsible enough" look.

shit.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?! I WAS WAITING HERE FOR 20 MINUTES JUST FOR YOU TO SHOW UP RIGHT AT THE BELL!! NOW I WONT SEE YOU FOR THE NEXT 3 PERIODS." Jieun exclaimed.

"Jieun- don't you think you're being-" Sunoo started.

"Sunoo. Don't. She needs to learn to be more responsible." replied Jieun.

"I'm sorry. I really am. It's the first time I've actually had to be somewhere in over a month. I slept through my alarm." I explained.

"I forgive you." Jieun said, giving me a hug. "Just please don't be late tomorrow!" she said walking down the hallway to her first period class.

"See you later!" I shouted.

"You ready to go?" asked Sunoo.

"Am I ever ready for Pre-Calc?" I questioned.

"I'm going to take that as a no." Sunoo replied.

we headed to pre-calc together. it was about a 5 minute walk to the room we needed to go to, so we talked to each other about the rest of our breaks.

after what felt like an eternity of walking, we reached our room. as we stepped in the classroom, we noticed there was a sort of panic in the room.

Sunoo and I looked around the room trying to figure out what the ruckus was for. then we saw the board.

written in chalk were two of the words I hate most in this world.

POP QUIZ!

fuck.
——————————————————————————

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! this first chapter is kinda an intro. the drama and action will be coming soon!!