05: the boy with the brown eyes

sunni pov

it was about 9 pm now.

jungwon (who technically can't even go so idk how he got in) was feeling lonely and lost without jay, so he went to go find him about half an hour ago.

he disappeared into the crowd of masks and we didn't see him again after that...

now it was just sunoo and I, alone in the corner.

"want some punch?" sunoo asked.

"sure." I said, zoning out.

"I'll go get us some. stay here ok?" he said.

"I wasn't planning on going anywhere else." I remarked.

and with that, he was gone.

now I was all alone.

I just had to pray that sunoo wasn't going to disappear too.

"I'm back." sunoo said, handing me a red solo cup.

"how do I know you didn't poison this?" I asked.

he gave me a look. I laughed it off and took a sip.

"not bad." I said.

"thank you" sunoo said.

"YOU DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT" I said laughing.

"I know..." sunoo said, laughing at his own joke.

we were so lonely that we were laughing over a cup of fruit punch. how pathetic.

we literally just stared at all the people dancing for the next half hour. it was like we were suddenly the ones in the "prom dress" mv (by mxmtoon)

it sucks.

I was about to ask sunoo if he wanted to go home, when I heard someone try to get my attention.

"excuse me?"

"miss?"

"excuse me miss? I don't mean to bother you.."

I turned around. there was a tall boy behind me. he looked to be a... junior? senior? I couldn't tell.

I stood up.

"hello? how can I help you?" I asked.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if maybe... you'd like to dance with me?" the boy asked.

"I-"

sunoo shoved me towards him.

"you got this" he whispered.

"it's my last prom, and I realized you were alone as well... I thought I might as well give it a shot." he said with a cute chuckle.

wait a minute.. did I just call him cute?! sunni you don't even know him. YOU MET THIS MAN FIVE DAMN SECONDS AGO.

"she'd love to!" sunoo said winking at me and sending me on my way.

"I don't want to leave yo-" I started.

"I'll be fine. go have fun." he said.

and with that, I disappeared into the crowd.

am I really about to dance with some random guy..?

I mean that's kinda the point of a masquerade... plus he's kinda cute...

SHUT UP.

no. act calm and dance with fancy boy.

god. conversations with my conscience were hard. but here I was, lost in a crowd, with a cute mystery boy.

"out of my league" started playing as we approached the dance floor.

true. this guy really is out of my league.

"may I have this dance?" mystery boy asked.

"sure" I said blushing.

he took my hand, and we entered the dance floor. the end of "out of my league" faded out, and "sway" (by michael buble) started to play.

"if I may?" he asked, motioning towards my hip.

I didn't know what he meant, so I just nodded. I soon realized he was asking my permission to grab my hip.

I blushed and looked at my feet.

"have I done something wrong?" he asked.

"not at all." I said, face red.

"well then you could at least look at me." he said, laughing.

I looked up at him. he was really pretty. I know that might sound weird, but I don't know how to phrase it.

it was like looking at an angel.

he was so much taller than I was. I felt out of place. then I noticed something...

his eyes...

were gorgeous

they were the most beautiful shade of brown I had ever seen in my entire life.

——————————————————————————

the end. 💃💃💃

jk new chapters coming soon.