07: moodswings

sunni pov

the next few days seemed like an eternity.

I was so distracted.

I wasn't trying to be, but I just really wanted to find this guy.

I owned him a huge thank you.

honestly I just felt terrible because I never thanked him. he did so much for me and I left without even knowing his name.

what
a
fucking
dumbass

I really needed to find him though. I need to pay him back big time.

and so it began.

my crazy journey to find a random boy I spent a total of 2 hours with, and now wanted him back more than anything.

after school on wednesday, I decided to take the subway downtown.

I treated myself to a pastry and boba to help "calm" my stress.

I sat down at a table, pulled out my laptop, and got to work on the assignments I never got around to doing at the beginning of the week.

with my airpods in blasting bts, I got all the work done in under an hour.

I still had about half an hour at the table, so I opened instagram and did some digging.

surely he had to have an instagram right?

I figured the easiest way to find potential candidates would be through my school's followers.

I looked up my high school, scrolled to followers, and nearly gave up right then and there.

I forgot there's more than 5,000 students at school.

1,000 of them follow the instagram.

how the hell was I gonna find this guy?!

...

then I remembered, I can code stuff and do a condensed search instead and just look for the seniors. (readers, if you've ever been forced to go to/sign up for a coding or programming class, take it. they can be more helpful than you think)

that limited my search to about 450 students.

subtracting all the women (and nonbinaries), I was left with about 250 male seniors.

nice sunni! you got this now.

all I had to do was find potential candidates.

after looking through all the profiles I could, I found maybe 6 that could POTENTIALLY be mystery boy. I had no way of knowing in the moment though, so I wrote down their names in hopes that I'd come across them at school sometime soon.

from there, I packed up my laptop, put the rest of my things away, and left the cafe.

there was still an hour until the next subway was coming though, so I went to the album store nearby and decided to look at some albums.

it had been a while since I had been downtown, so I decided to treat myself to an album as well.

after pacing the store for a while, I decided on the txt 'eternity' album, (absolute bop. stream now if you haven't already) made my purchase, and left the store.

I left in a great mood and made my way to the subway.

the ride home was the same as normal. boring as always.

it's nice to look out the windows though.

~at home~

I was surprised to see that both my parents were actually home for once.

it's rare for them to both be home so early.

we sat down to eat dinner, and I was about to tell them about prom when my mom stood up suddenly.

"I totally forgot about my business meeting! you can tell me and your father all about it later ok?" she said.

"yea... sure." I replied, playing with my food.

she patted my shoulder and left to go back to work.

I sighed.

"I'm not hungry anymore. you can finish my dinner." I said to my sister.

she gladly accepted my offer, and I was off to my room to go to bed early.

normally I wouldn't go to bed for quite a while, but since it was 7:30 and my mood was officially ruined for the night, why not go to bed now?

it couldn't hurt right?

and just like that, I was asleep.

——————————————————————————

this chapter is probably terrible
I wrote it half asleep
lol