Finally

I start to have nightmares and I see my father but this time he is holding my mother by her hand. I see them walking out the door, I scream but they don't turn back, I tried running after them but my legs were stuck on the ground. I start to cry in my sleep and I feel a certain comfort reaching in. It draws me from my dream and when I awaken I realise it is Freddy. The misterious comfort in my dream, he was caressing my skin, pulling me close and humming a tune to me. I quickly wipe my tears when I see that he sees I'm weeping.

"It's okay to cry, I'm here for you"

I was about to speak when the doctor came.

"You must be Elissa, I guess you are tired of waiting here so I'll just go straight to it. You mother is fine though she is not doing that well. She has not been eating and drinking enough and she is overworked. She is awake and we have fed her through the tubes. I am sorry for everything you are going through. She needs to be well taken care of, well fed and to rest. She can not go to work for two weeks"

"I understand all that, when can I see her"

"Right now she needs to rest, you can come back later we gave her a sedative so she can rest"

"I will wait right here "

" Excuse me, I have to go. Again I'm sorry you have to go through this honey"

I feel relief, she is finally awake but I'm not sure she can handle not working. How are we going to live. We'll it is not the end of the world we will be fine. I didn't even realise I am standing in the same spot until I feel Freddy's hands gently pulling me down and setting me on the sit next to him. He was looking at me as if I just lost everything I hate sympathy, I hate it when people pity me. I must be strong, I can not fall apart right now. After that bad dream I was sure that my mother was gone but by God's grace and mercy she is still with me. The first thing I will do when I walk in that room is pray. It is four in the morning and Freddy shoes no sign of leaving. It's Monday morning!