Reconcile

Deku's looked back at the postcard and up toward the direction of the stream. The place where Kacchan, he believed, officially cast him off as a Deku. Where he started to act more bully than teasing friend towards him.

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. 'If it doesn't work out, at least now I can probably kick his ass,' He thought to himself as he walked past the forest entry behind the busted gate.

He read his long letter after he had dinner with his friends. It took him probably a whole hour to read through it completely and reread it again to understand.

Katsuki had been going through a lot apparently. A lot. And he actually wanted to make things right between them. He said in his letter how sorry he was, but he wanted to tell him in person the whole story behind it and how truly apologetic he is. The letter surprised him and he was prepared to be even more surprised when he tries to say sorry in real life.

Izuku shook his head. 'It is going to take a lot more than a sorry to make me forgive him for all the shit he put me through.' Izuku thought as he closed in on the location. His eyes spotted a tall muscular blonde facing the shallow stream. They wore a dark maroon shirt and loose fitting jeans. He approached from behind the figure, knowing exactly who it was.

"Hey, Kacchan." Izuku greeted from behind his childhood friend. "Long time no see."

"Hey, De- I mean."

"Call me Deku. You've always have. You came up with the name after all."

Katsuki flinched, remembering the past, "I- Deku, I came here to say something."

"Well, What have you come to say?"

"I came to apologize."

"Yes. I read your letter."

"Good. Good."

"Yeah, I can't understand why.

"What?"

"Why would you apologize now? Why even give me the light of day?"

"Because I-,"

"Because you felt bad? Is that it? Putting me through hell my entire childhood and you think you can fix it with simple words?"

"No, I know I did wrong and I'm trying to fix it!"

"And I respect that you want to fix things. But why this late? Why couldn't you have apologized before you went to UA? Why couldn't you apologize to my face all these years? Why now?!"

"CAN YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR A SECOND?!"

"SHUT UP!"

Katsuki quieted down at Izuku's screaming command.

"Since I was diagnosed as quirkless, you made sure every time you saw me to bring me down. You are the one who gave me the worst treatment of all. They all rallied around you and praised you for your quirk. The rest made me feel useless for not having one. I thought you would be by my side since you were my ONLY friend! But no!"

"I thought—,"

"Shut up! I am done letting you get to talk over me! I'm done with feeling like your doormat! Now listen until I'm done!"

Katsuki fell silent again with a quiet glare at his feet.

"The day you told me to jump off the roof. I want you to know I didn't even consider it. The only thing I thought back then was the fact that YOU could get in trouble for suicide baiting. Even back then I thought if you before me, but those days were over when I came back from the hospital. You should know the reason since All Might saved you from that same villain."