|12|

~Dorian~

~Dorian~

"Daddy?"

My eyes shot up towards Jaxon, still in his pajamas. I should've taken him to my house without any question but I couldn't leave him, I wanted him by my side and I need to figure this out.

Someone took Aislinn but didn't take Jaxon, I don't think I can handle having them both missing but Aislinn was enough of a problem. My question is who and why?

"Im hungry," His voice was soft, all my men and maids cleaned up the mess, I had Dante take the blood on the floor tested and I'm praying it's not Aislinn.

"Why don't we go get something to eat while they clean this up," I say, picking him up in my arms.

"I can't go out like this," He looked down at his pajamas and a smile touches my lips, he was the spitting image of me and the personality twin of his mother.

"Hm, you're right so let's get you out of these clothes," I walked towards his room, opened the closet, and looked through the clothes in the corner of my eyes, I watched Jaoxn pull some clothes out of his dresser.

"I can get myself dress, daddy," He took off his spider-man pajamas shirt throwing it into the hamper while putting on a grey sweatshirt.

"Boss," Dante popped his head into the room, he held a paper in his hand and something in my chest got heavier.

I coudlnt make it out, all these new feelings were new to me. Having a small little family and then having something or someone comes in and breaks it down.

"Make sure to put socks on Jax," I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. I could hear a muffled okay behind the closed door.

"The blood isn't Aislinn, but we found a drop by the door that one belongs to her," A heavy sigh escapes from me.

"What else?"

Dante paused and shifted to his feet, "Your parents are here,"

. . .

I heard Jaxon snoring, my eyes open slowly adjusting to the light, a small arm and foot stretched out onto my torso and his hand draped over my face.

As the days went on, we still couldn't find Aislinn, stress nearly overtook me and clouded my mind. Jaxon seemed normal but only when he was with me.

Still, my parents were in America and I was doing my best to avoid them, I didn't want to tell them about Jaxon until Aislinn was ready.

I sat up from the bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes as I made my way to the bathroom. I felt that we were a step closer but it's a quest. Aislinn's life is a mystery, with the new theory of she might be the missing greek princess, that mystery grew wider.

Coming out of the bathroom, I watched Jaxon's mouth wide open, snoring. His little body spread across the large bed, he was way too small for it.

Shaking my head, I go downstairs, once my feet touch the last step, I could smell the bacon and hear the chatter from th kitchen, well-known Italian music playing throughout my home and a sigh escapes from me.

"Mio figlio!" Mama held her arms out once I stepped inside the kitchen, a large smile on her lips.

I let my eyes search the room, looking at my father and my siblings. "What are you all doing here?"

I rubbed my temples stepping out of her touch towards the coffee maker, I could handle my parents, kicking them out was easy, kicking my siblings and parents out was a headache.

"A mother can visit her son, you would've known we were coming if you picked up the phone," I didnt have to look back to hear the disarrpvole in her tone was written all over her face.

"I been busy," I mumbled pouring myself a cup, it wasn't a lie, looking for Aislinn and taking care of Jaxon is my top priority.

"It still doesn't hurt to give us a call," Papa spoke, I glanced up meeting his eyes, even as a child I could see that dark look in his eyes, he still has it.

"Busy doing what?" Lilah my litter sister asked, she took a sip of her orange juice before darting her eyes to mine, she's always been one to stick her nose where it didn't belong.

"Working,"

She hummed, but cocked a brow, "I heard your company is gonna be featured in Aislinn Hale magazine,"

Something in my chest tightens just at the sound of her name, bring the cup to my lips, "Yes it is,"

"Do you know how hard it is to fit into her liking, she makes grown men cry and you out of all people manage to snag a spot in her magazine," She went on, telling me things I already knew about her.

I took another sip of my coffee, and they went on and at this point, I tuned them out until Lilah spoke about Aislinn again, "I heard she has a son, is that true?"

At the same time, I heard Jaxon jump down each step like he always does since we got here. His little bare feet patted on the hardwood floor until he reached the kitchen rubbing his sleepy eyes.

My family's chatter stopped and their eyes went to Jaxon, he walked over to me ignoring the guest, and tugged at my pajama pants.

"Good morning bud," I picked him up, a small smile easing up to his lips.

"Moring papa," I heard my family inhaling sharply, I didnt look their way as I carry out my conversation with my son.

"How did you sleep?" I asked, before taking a sip of my coffee in my free hand.

"Good," I grinned, his hair was ruffled all over his head in this adorable way,

"I bet you did, I heard you snoring from down here,"

"No way!" he grinned, a small giggle leaves from him once I tickled him, in the corner of my eyes I could see my family look at us with wide eyes.

"Are you hungry?" he nodded his head eagerly, I pulled a chair up and sat him down at the counter, I watched Jaxon look at my family then back at me.

"Daddy?"  I hummed as he called for me, I learned that he hates his food touching and went out in the middle of the night to go get them kids food-divided plates.

"Who are they?"

"Your grandparents and your Aunt Lilah, and Uncle Ryan," I didn't look back as I spoke, it was this unknown tension around the kitchen and it was taking me alive.

I couldn't care less what they thought of the situation, he was my son, and Aislinn... she was gonna be something if she doesn't give me a heart attack at twenty-four.

I go to take another sip of my coffee, my mother was about to speak until Tobias ran in, I dropped my cup on the sink.

"What's wrong?"

"We found Aislinn,"