chapter 14

hiiiii! another chapter coming your way! comment and vote baby!!

maddies pov

"um ALEX IS HERE!"

WHY DID I JUST SAY THAT?

"uh hey josh!" alex says breaking the silence.

"oh yeah! long time no see! visiting home for a little?" josh puts the flowers down on the counter in the kitchen.

"um actually briana and i broke up, so staying here for a while till i can find my own place"

"oh my god man i'm so sorry to hear that" he says putting a hand on alexs' shoulder.

"yeah but um you guys should get to the audition thing. don't want to hold you guys up from your job! oh and by the way congrats!"

"yeah thank you! um maddie should we get going?" josh says turning to me.

"uh um yeah let's go! alex call if you need anything but i mean you should be fine!" i say giving alex a hug than grab my phone and keys.

"i'll be fine lil sis no need to worry!"

"ok! oh wait josh let me get our scripts!"

i head upstairs to grab both of our scripts from my dresser. i knew josh would either loose or forget his so i kept them.

i hear josh and alex talking bout they stop before i can actually understand what they're saying.

"ok josh let's get going!"

we both say bye to alex and get in my car. i start heading towards the office space they're using for the auditions. josh turns on the radio to fill up the silence.

"hey um what were you and alex talking about when i went upstairs?" i say after a few minutes of just music.

"oh nothing just um you know catching up" he says itching the back of his neck.

well he just gave that away. whenever he lies he always itches the back of his neck. but maybe he just wants to talk about something else.

"are you excited for today?"

"huh? oh um yeah! excited to meet everyone or at least the possibilities of everyone!" he says sounding and looking very distracted.

what did alex say to him that shook him up this much?

after 10 more minutes of driving we finally get there and head to the room. when we walk in we see tim and all the other people who were there when we auditioned.

"hey guys! how are you?" tim says walking up to us and holding out his hand for us to shake.

"good! excited for today! how are you?" i say while putting my hand back at my side.

"i've been busy but all good work, right? ok so heres how it's going to go down today. from 12-2 is all the kourtneys, then from 2:30-4:30 is all the ej's,and then from 4:30-6:30 is all the allys! now from now till 12 i'm going to give you a run-down of all the charcaters we are going to be casting today! so have a seat, theres coffee and bagels if you want"

i go grab a coffee and ask jj if he wants but he declines and sits down in a sit. i sit next to him and slowly sip my hot coffee that is way too bitter. i guess jj saw my disgusted face because he took iy and started drinking it. he knows when i don't like somehting i won't consume it but i always feel bad throwing food or drinks away.

"ok so first kourtney is your best friend maddie or nini, in the show. you guys have known each other since elementary school and you guys are very close. we don't have any requirenments because we want to make this cast as diverse as we can! now ej is nini's camp boyfriend from over the summer. he is a theater geek but also a jock, so we have a troy bolton on our hands! last is ally she is going to be playing ricky's love interest while nini and him are broken up. she will definetly make things complicated, but we have a special story line planned out for her" i was just nodding my head the whole time he was talking trying to swee if i can invision these characters to get an i dea of what the actor might look like.

"now we have about 10 minutes until we start calling everybody in so do what you need to do now because you guys are going to be acting and most likely singing. also we might not find everyone today but if we do we have a few days untill the next round of characters"

i tell jj i'm heading to the bathroom before we start and ask tim where it is. once i find it i head inside and look at myself to make sure i look fine. i hear someone come in and look to see who it is. i see a girl trying to calm and/or hype herself up. i'm guessing shes auditioning so i go up to her to see if shes ok.

"hey are you ok?"

"huh? oh yeah just a little nervous. um i'm olivia!" she says looking nervous.

"hey i'm maddie! are you auditioning?"

"yeah i'm auditioning for ally! how about you?" she says finally starting to look more calm.

"oh i was already casted but i'm here to help with the casting. wait did you say ally?" i say finally realizing what she said.

"yeah why?"

"you do now that's not until 4:30 right? it's-" i take a glance at my phone and see it's 11:59, "almost 12 shit i have to go but just relax you'll do amazing!" i rush out of the bathroom before i can hear her response.

the second i sit down in my chair an actor walks in the room.

i already know today is going to be a long day.

hope you enjoyed!!! comment and vote!

xoxo,

author!