1: A Normal Tuesday

I woke to the sound of my three hounds prancing about the room and begging for their breakfast. Of course they can go outside using the doggy door I installed to my little cottage last month. Of course they could easily hunt down some innocent creature to serve as their breakfast. But why would they do that when they know how easy it is to get me to do things for them? All it takes is a look at Lucia's soft eyes, Lyra's crooked ears or Lana's constantly wagging tail and I become their humble servant.

Today it's Lyra's crooked ears that get me out of bed and walking towards the ice-box to feed them their rather expensive food. Once my three demons are happily eating I can get myself ready for the day. It's Tuesday which mean's I'll be making the 20 mile journey into town for supplies. I really don't mind the journey though, it's good exercise and I have no intention of loosing all the muscle I've built up in my 22 years on this earth. The trek to the bathroom is a painful ten steps and I begin to regret the impulsive few shots of liqueur I had last night. What I see in the mirror doesn't help either. My curly brown hair is practically sticking up straight, my skin makes it look like the life was sucked out of me and the bags around my eyes have got to weigh at least three pounds. Despite the complaints I just made, I actually really like the way I look. My curls frame my face nicely and reach down past my supple breasts. My eyes are the color of a stormy night but that can change pretty easily based on my emotions. My ears are finely pointed giving away my fae heritage.  I have an angular face, straight lines make up my profile which is surprising given my former line of work. My skin is still slightly golden from the summer that is fading away. All of those features are lovely but it is my build that I appreciate the most. I'm tall and muscular but also lean and flexible. I have curves that I rather like and my proportions fit me well. But enough about my gorgeous features, I'm just feeding that vain animal lurking beneath my skin.

I fix my hair into the same two braids I always wear, leaving a good amount loose at the bottom to showcase my curls. I slip into a pair of tight black pants and add on a dark green tunic before packing up my things and heading out of the door. Like many fae, I have an animal form that I can change into. Mine happens to perfectly resemble my three little hell hounds. With a quick flash of light I'm on all fours and start my race through the woods along with Lyra, Lana and Lucia. The town I live near is small but has all of the things I need to get by; fresh groceries, a weapons smith and a clothier. What more could a girl want! The town seems quiet as usual and no one dares to look my way as I stroll down main street back in my fae form. After I quit my job and moved to the little cottage in the woods people were curious but it didn't take long for that curiosity to turn into fear and respect. As my eyes roam over the quiet little town they catch on a lone osprey perched upon the branch of an oak tree, probably just running late on his migration south for the winter. It does get pathetically cold in Terrasen. Gathering up my usual groceries doesn't take long and 20 minutes later I'm back home.

Retirement really doesn't suit me that well, I'd think that in the 17 years I spent working as an assassin I would have picked up a hobby but nope. I spend my days refining my skills and staying in shape rather than wasting my time on something frivolous like art or music. Around three in the afternoon I grow tired of training and lay out to bask in the sun with my three furry companions. 

I won Lucia in a fight with a merchant's son when I was 11, the man was twice my size but he was drunk and easy to take out. I fell in love with her the second we made eye contact. She was  seven at the time and already fully trained but not how I wanted her to be. I knew that if I was going to bring a dog with me on my dispatch missions she had to be trained specifically. I spent that whole summer making her learn commands in the old language of the fae. It took three months before she became the obedient killing machine that she is today. I picked up Lana and Lyra on a trip to Adarlan two years later, they were both pups and were in the possession of a rather abusive merchant. I figured the brute wouldn't mind if his load got a little lighter. The best part was that they grew up to look just like Lucia; smart eyes, sharp teeth, long limbs and a silky black coat with a few speckles of brown. They also happen to be massive as well as deadly, the four of us were a match made in heaven, or hell.

The sun was beginning to set and I could feel the temperature dropping so I headed inside and put on my gear. I am retired but I still get requests for work, the system I built has been running for eight years and I have no intention of letting it break. I never head into Orynth at the same time or day, that's how no one ever catches me emptying the rusty looking mailbox in the slums. I left my master when I was 14 so finding work was up to me for the six years after that. If a person wishes for my services they must simply write a letter containing their address and request. If I decline I send the letter back to them with a red stamp on it... If I accept, I show up in their house sometime in the next week. The thing about my retirement is that I don't want to completely disappear, I just want people to remember me. All of the requests I've gotten in the past two years have been denied by me, that's why I make trips into Orynth every once in a while (plus it's fun to wear a lot of daggers). My suit is dark as a shadow and clings to me like a second skin, it contains slots for 38 daggers and three swords. I keep another six weapons hidden on my person for just in case purposes. The hood on my suit changes into a breathable fabric that covers my entire face to protect my identity, I wouldn't want anyone to know that the infamous assassin Creed is a 22 year old girl. It feels good to be back in this suit, it's familiar weight and texture makes me feel relaxed. 

The journey to Orynth doesn't take long in my animal form, an hour at most. Getting in and out  of the city is easy enough and I'm back before two in the morning. Before heading into the cottage to cuddle up with my three little demons I stop at the water pump for a much needed needed drink of water. But before I can cause myself to puke up the drug that someone put into that water I fall into oblivion.

A/N:

I hope you liked this and I'm sorry if it started too slow but I just needed to establish some things before I got into the majority of the plot. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions! Here are some reference photos for Maya and her dogs.

 Let me know what you think and if you have any questions! Here are some reference photos for Maya and her dogs

This is a Rottweiler Doberman mix and it's my inspo for Lana, Lyra and Lucia but just way bigger.

And this is my inspo for Maya just like curlier hair though. Also here are some specifics about her physical appearance: Hair color: Dark Brown     Hair texture: thick af and curly af too          Eye Color: Blue gray (sometimes a lil green or more gray than blue and vise versa)    Height: 5'11"      Age: 22 1/2