11: Kill Me Before I Die

Maya's POV

The Autumn ball was approaching quickly, yet not quick enough for Maya. She was itching to get her dispatch job over with as well the ball itself. 

Maya had never been one for frilly dresses or fancy food. Heck, the only indulgences  she took part in were sex and new weaponry.  The latter unfortunately occurring more often. 

That was what ran through her mind as she sent her demon babies outside to find some dinner. She tried to remember the last time she'd had a sexual encounter, her nearest memory was from over a year ago. Frankly, she was disappointed with herself.

Sure she'd pleasured herself plenty of times over the past year, but she would much rather have someone else do the work for her. 

Even just thinking about her past sexual encounters had her core heating up and her undergarments pooling with moisture. The taverns in Orynth wouldn't open up for another hour so as her demon babies ran farther from view Maya laid herself down on her bed an began to undo her pants.

As she reached a finger down and through her drenched folds she wished she weren't alone at the moment. But that didn't matter as pleasure surged up her body as she touched the bundle of nerves at the apex of her thighs. Slowly, she moved her fingers in a circle around it and moaned as the tension within her grew. Her breath became more rapid and her legs began to jerk as she quickened the pace. 

After a few minutes, release barreled through her and she was left panting on her bed, alone. As she waited for her body to calm down she contemplated and scorned herself for the fact that a certain colleague's figure and face had flashed through her mind more than once while she had been pleasuring herself. Nothing more than physical attraction she assured herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Autumn ball was in three days now and Maya still didn't have a gown. The Queen's preferred gown maker had been booked full until today.

It was noon now and the gown maker would be here soon. Maya had just gotten back from scouting her upcoming dispatch and was removing her blades when a short and rather old looking man burst through the door.

Behind him followed 3 women in uniform all carrying racks of gowns. 

If they hadn't had the dresses Maya probably would have thrown knives through their throats before they passed the threshold. 

"Maurcus Penveseem, pleased to make your acquaintance Miss Rae," the short man stated.

If there was ever a time to be civil, it was now. Maya pulled all of her restraint and courtly manners together as she reached her hand out and introduced herself.

"Thank you for fitting me in, and please, call me Maya."

"Well, Maya, what are you looking for," Maurcus said as one of his assistants came over and started measuring her. It took a lot of will power to not swat the woman's hands away.

"I honestly don't care that much, I'm not a big fan of gowns," they all looked offended when she said that. "Only requirements are that it must have no slits, a high back and no cutouts anywhere."

"Very well," Maurcus said and before she could thank him, he was ruffling through the racks.

The first dress he pulled was skin tight, red and had long billowy sleeves. Definitely a no from Maya. Maurcus glared at her as she went back behind the screen to take it off.

The second dress however, was very pleasing to Maya. It was strapless but had a high back and squared line across her breasts. There was a second, more structured piece that sat around her neck and arms. It was almost like a short sleeved, cropped over coat. The fabric was stiff but not uncomfortable. It was patterned with pieces of orange satin atop black velvet. They looked like falling leaves or a field on fire.