Chapter 3 breaking rules

Elliot's POV

" Get your ass up! And get dressed" he said and stood up so fast I was almost sure all the blood would rush to his head and he would faint at any given moment.. I took a few steps back and blinked at him with a puzzled expression upon my face.

"w-what for? It's four am?" I said and waited impatiently for him to answer.

" are you forgetting rule number 9?" Jakob looked down at me and smirked. I grabbed a handful of my hair as I tried to recall what rule 9 was.

" I have to make you breakfast?" I asked him and he shook his head From left to right in disagreement.

" try again Monroe" Jakob started walking backwards towards my wardrobe while keeping his gaze fixated on me.

Come on Eli, think... Think!

Oh shit...

" We're going for a run aren't we?" I said in disappointment and cringed at the thought of fitness. I'm probably the most laziest person I know and exercise is something I would never consider adding to my schedule. Ask me to run to the store to get snacks and I'd do it with no question but don't waste your breath asking me to run to get fit because I'd most likely laugh in your face and tell you you're crazy.

" you're crazy! You can go for a run, I'm staying home" I laughed at him and jumped into my bed. Thank god it wasn't occupied by Jakob anymore but props to him because he managed to keep it warm for me.

" oh, you think this is funny? Then I'm sure you'll be crying tears of joy when we run all the way to the city" Jakob said with a pissed off tone and rummaged through my closet for clothes to wear.

" THATS TWENTY KILOMETRES ?!" I yelled out and he turned around throwing a pair of black running shorts in my face... How the hell did those shorts even get there? I don't even run!

" put these on and meet me down stairs in 10" Jakob grabbed my hair comb and jogged out the door. I was about to protest to get my comb back but then I remembered 'what's yours is mine.'

" I hate Jakob. I hate this internship. I hate these shorts. I hate my mom for letting him in. I hate exercise. " I complained to myself while slipping on these stupid shorts. How could one person just walk into your life and make you hate so much in so little?

I looked in the mirror before I went downstairs. I couldn't do much with my hair so I simply combed it out of my face, I wore those pathetic black running shorts with a pair of Nike runs and I had on a plain blue shirt.

Proud of my outfit, I dragged my ass downstairs dreading what I was about to come face to face with. I'm probably going to die before we even make it down the block, I'm going to embarrass myself (once again) in front of Jakob for sure seeing as fitness is not my forte.

As I made my way down stairs, I came face to face with the devil himself. He wore a pair of black basketball shorts, and basketball shorts only. Jakob didn't have a shirt on, showing off those damn perfect abs again. His hair was perfect too, like when we first met. Man this boy cleans up well, where does he find the time to look this good when he is always working?

"Aren't you cold?" I asked Jakob and pointed at his chest which was sporting a million goosebumps.

"If I was cold, I'd have a jumper on now wouldn't I?" Jakob said with a bad attitude while walking over to the front door. It was so obvious he was freezing but Jakob being Jakob didn't want to admit to anything.