Chapter 1 - The Interview

A/N. Hello guys! First chapter hope you enjoy reading.

Above is a photo of Lucky Blue Smith and I feel like he fits in with being Elliot Monroe otherwise be as creative as you want with your imagination!! Thanks for clicking on "the Internswitch" xo

So this is it... Lucky Number sixteen, Remember Elliot...
Big smile
Head up
Eye contact
Breathe
Be yourself- maybe they'll like you?
Think Professional
But most importantly...
confident not cocky

I looked up from my shaky hands I met the gaze of a pair of familiar blue eyes, heavy and bloodshot. I stared and inspected the face in front of me. Platinum blond hair that was once slicked back and evenly combed was now slightly hovering over my pale skin, with individual strands sticking to my forehead from all the nervous sweat.

I opened the tap in front of me and let my hands soak in the cool running water. I quickly went over my mental checklist once again and repeated everything i needed to remember.

I took another quick glimpse of the mirror in front of me at my distraught state. The nervousness was very evident in my features now, My cheeks were flushed a bright pink from the sudden heat I was feeling. I ran my wet hands over my face to try cool myself down a little.

Come on Elliot, quit freaking yourself out, it's just a few simple questions.

I've been trying my best to stay relaxed all day but failed at almost every attempt.

Today was a huge day for me, it was pretty much a situation of life or death. I was applying for a major business internship in Los Angeles and after months of relying on my mums money and support, I think it's about time I took control of my own life and I figured LA was my big shot.

I've applied for over 15 internships in the past two months and every single one has been declined so no doubt I'm freaking out about today... Lucky number 16!

I told myself that if I got declined this one last time then it's back to putting pretty pictures on people's coffee at 6am, receiving only seven dollars fifty an hour and let me tell you... It's not very pretty serving coffee to grumpy people at 6am.

I sighed and grabbed the papers I bought in with me today for my interview and made my way into the hotel lobby.

A lot of the boys applying today bought their rich parents to give them a better chance of getting accepted. I look around and all I see are "if you touch me my daddy will sue" outfits, you know the usual, expensive polo shirts that have been tucked into coloured shorts, being held in place by a belt. Hush puppies on their feet and sweaters tied around their neck. I'm sure you get the picture.

Me standing next to them was like Amanda Bynes gone wrong standing beside Beyonce. My twenty five dollar suit was not doing me justice as it didn't fit where I wanted it to and my once purple tie was now faded into a pinkish colour, which wasn't complementing my grey suit.

Not exactly fitting in, I decided to take a seat in a far corner, if I had to listen to one more brat talk about ' how much money they had' I'd probably go insane.

In case you didn't already know, my name is Elliot Dean Monroe... But you can call Eli. I'm nineteen and live in a small town in the heart of Melbourne Australia. Growing up for me was tough because apparently I wasn't considered 'normal' and if you can't already tell I'm not the most outgoing or richest kid out there, in fact, I'd chose sitting home alone then going out to parties any day. My mum always tries to get me out of the house because she's worried for my social health but just because I'm alone, doesn't mean I'm lonely. I enjoy the comfort of my bed and laptop and besides... Who needs to 'go out' when God blessed us with take away and Netflix ?