Thriller(ride)

Jeongchan in an abandoned amusement park.

"And so, rumor has it that his ghost still haunts this very amusement park, searching for young blood", Felix finishes. He bares his teeth and holds up his hands to form claws.

"GRRR."

Jeongin shivers and licks his lips, burying himself further in his hoodie.

"That's such a boring ghost story", Chan grins and glances over at the rest of them, keeping his hand firmly on the steering wheel.

"Oh really."

Felix's eyes flash with creepy delight in the half darkness of the car.

"Well, the lot is just a few minutes from here, so if you don't have a problem with hopping the fence..."

Pulling the hoodie over his head, Jeongin looks out the window. Felix flirting with his crush is not something he has to witness.

Outside, the sky is a deep gray, the sun already going down behind stormy clouds. Fog rises from distant fields into the late afternoon air.

Chan makes an abrupt wrong turn onto a graffiti sprayed bridge, throwing Jeongin into Hyunjin next to him.

"We're taking a detour", he informs all of them.

"Oh come on", Hyunjin complains, leaning forward in the tight confines of the car,"You don't really want to get arrested for trespassing, do you?"

"Shut it, Jin."

Felix's hand is on Chan's holding the stick. Jeongin fidgets with the drawstring of his pale blue hoodie.

"No."

"Do we...", Jeongin bites his lower lip nervously,"do we have to go?"

Chan's eyes meet his through the rearview mirror.

"We don't have to if you don't want to"

"He wants to", Felix says, then turns back to look at Jeongin from the front seat.

"Don't you?"

Not really.

But now Chan is looking at him expectantly with those handsome soft eyes.

"Yeah, I want to", Jeongin chews on his top lip and sinks into his seat, rubbing his arm.

Chan shifts his hand from under Felix's.

"I'll stay close to you."

Blood rushes to Jeongin's cheeks.

"Yeah, ok", he mumbles, staring at his scuffed black converse.

"Cool", Chan says.

"We should all stay together anyway", Felix says, gently touching Chan's arm.

"Mmm."

Before long, they pull up in front of a chainlink fence.

"Let's go", Felix scrunches his nose, his voice filled with excitement.

Chan parks the car and they step out onto the asphalt lot.

Felix glances around, and grabs onto a hole in the fence, opening it further so that all of them fit through it.

Jeongin hangs back. The other three crawl through the fence. Chan looks back at the last moment.

"Are you coming?"