F*ck Golden Retrievers Part 1

"I need Chris to move out."

Jeongin collapses into a couch next to Felix, sweaty and worked up from dance practice.

His friend narrows his eyes at him.

"Weren't you oh so happy that someone hot moved in a few months ago?", he asks, leaning forward to rest his head on his hand. He's right. Jeongin talked about Chris for several weeks back then.

Jeongin shrugs, glancing to where Minho is still practicing.

"I am", he mutters,"or, I was. But he keeps producing music at 3 am and the walls might as well be made of paper. I haven't gotten enough sleep in weeks."

Felix glances over at his friend. He is paler than he used to be, the dark bruises under his eyes prominent. He winces.

Jeongin sighs.

"I've asked him to keep it down and told him it keeps me up, and he'll listen and agree, and then forget three days later. I need sleep, and for that, I need him out."

Felix cocks his head.

"Why can't you just ask him to leave?"

Jeongin rubs his eyes. As if it would be that simple.

"He'll just look at me with those puppy eyes and then tell me he'll do better, and then it's the three day reprieve all over again. He needs to leave from his own volition."

"Be messy", Hyunjin suggests from next to Felix.

"Tried that. He cleaned up after me. I felt so guilty I didn't comment on his 4 am producing sessions for a week."

And what a week it was.

Hyunjin purses his lips in thought.

"Be mean?"

Jeongin squeezes his eyes shut.

"I don't have it in me. He's like a golden retriever on steroids."

Felix gnaws on his lower lip. He has an idea, but it might be terrible.

Looking at Jeongin's pale face again, he decides terrible ideas are still better than none.

"Chris's straight, right?", he asks.

Jeongin shrugs.

"I haven't asked him, seems likely though, seeing as only about 1 in 20 people are LGBTQ."

Felix nods, stroking his jaw.

"Gay Chicken", he states,"you can play gay chicken."

Hyunjin's eyes light up as he leans further forward.

"He's right, you know, you can. Straight people feel so uncomfortable when you do that. He'll move out for sure."

Jeongin isn't convinced.

"You guys know that's not my style. And Chris might be straight, but he's like, an educated straight. He doesn't mind my gayness."

Hyunjin rolls his eyes.

"Even he would mind someone hitting on him. And I thought you were desperate."

-

Jeongin and Chris eat next to each other the day after that. Chris's eyes are zeroed in on his phone as he pokes at his ramen. Jeongin decides it's the perfect time for some action.

Hyunjin suggested just grabbing him by his nether region, but Jeongin doesn't have the guts. He also doesn't want to sexually harass his flatmate. So instead, he spreads his legs a little as he eats, bumping Chris's thigh with his own.