3. Goodbye Party

The weekend came for Emily to be going off to this acting camp. Her mother Samantha put together a party with her friends Becky and Stephanie and Stephanie's mother Rose. A few more kids were coming as well. Samantha had spent the day decorating the house for the party. Emily would be taking off in the scheduled bus ride the next morning. It would be a Saturday. That gave her the weekend to get to know the camp before having the classes on the following Monday morning. Or so they thought. 

So Emily came home later that day after getting her nails painted and her feet done. "Surprise!" Everyone shouted. "You guys!" She said laughing. Everyone came to give her a hug. "We are gonna miss you girl." Stephanie said while laughing. "Oh, guys I'm only gonna be gone for two months, but I'll still come around the weekends. I promise." She said trying not to tear up. 

The party went on, everyone got a plate of food and drinks. Emily visited with Becky, Stephanie and some of her other friends outside. "You gonna miss her?" Rose asked Samantha. "Yes, very much. But she is so beautiful. How can I tell her no about this? This is her dream and I want nothing more than for my baby to be happy." "I can understand that. My Stephanie, she still hasn't figured it out what she wants to do but she'll figure it out soon." Said Rose looking a little concerned. "Hey, we are mother's. We are always gonna worry about our children no matter how old they are." Samantha said laughing. 

"Yes, you're right." "What's you girls talkin about?" Becky's mother Vicky asked coming over. "Oh we were just talking about our kids." Samantha said trying not to cry. "Well, I better get going. It's getting late." Said Rose. She called for Stephanie to come on, later on everyone else left as well. Later Emily took a shower, she would be waking up early in the morning to catch the bus. She kissed her mom thanking her for the party before going to bed.