Chapter 14: Demons

*Elena's P.O.V.*

We've been driving around for what seemed like ages.

Luckily, Raymond had given up on trying to make me talk to him.

He finally had to accept there was no way I'd ever forgive him for what he has done.

Although, he probably thought I was being childish but I didn't care about his opinion, I didn't care about him.

He might not have lied to me but that didn't change anything.

He was a killer, a sociopath. He was the reason my mother has died.

I closed my eyes, trying to keep back the upcoming tears because I've thought of her. I wanted to get rid of those memories.

But unfortunately, I failed.

And the images of her dying in front me just appeared in front of my eyes.

I was sitting at the table, drawing something into one of my books, when I suddenly heard a brazen clunk from the kitchen.

"Mum?", I asked curiously and jumped up to walk over to the kitchen.

"Elena!", I heard her voice shouting through the house, "Elena, sweetheart, do not get any closer! Stay away from me, honey, okay?"

"Mummy, what happened?", I asked and entered the kitchen anyway.

"Elena, don't-", she said but I had already frozen as I saw her lying on the ground, surrounded by her own puddle of blood.

"Mummy", was all I could say as I walked towards her, recognizing the bloodstained knife that was lying on the floor right next to her.

"Elena, there's one thing you should know and always remember", she mumbled, her voice weak and shaky, "What happened tonight, has nothing to do with you, okay? Keep that in mind, sweetheart."

"Mummy, where are you going?", I asked, tears streaming down my cheeks.

She smiled sadly and ran her bloody fingers along my cheek.

"One more thing", she added but her words only came out in a whisper, "Do not trust your father! He's a dangerous man, Elena. And I'm sure, there'll by a day -sooner or later- when he'll come back to see what a gorgeous girl you'll have become. Don't let him destroy your life, Elena. Okay? Always remember, he-..."

But then she stopped.

Her eyes still staring at me but without any life left in them.

"Elena?", his deep and smooth voice attracted my attention as he carefully touched my shoulder, "Are you okay?"

I quickly turned around to get rid of his hand.

"I told you not to say my name", I repeated seriously, "I told you not to touch me. I do not trust you and I don't want any of those fake feelings for me. I'm sick and tired of you!"

His cold blue eyes stared at me for a second.

"We've reached our destination", he said then and exited the car.

I sighed and crossed my arms in front of my chest until the door opened and Miss Shaw looked at me.

"Do you want me to get you out of there or will you come out on your own?", she asked jokingly.

I rolled my eyes and exited the car.

Immediately, she grabbed my arm and led me into the house.