Chapter 19: Out Of The Shadows

Third Person's P.O.V:

The tapping of her heels echoing through the huge room, the woman was nervously playing with her hands as she approached her boss, who was sitting in the chair in front of the chimney, its fire reflecting in her blue eyes.

"She escaped", the woman eventually spoke fearfully, pausing a few steps behind the chair, "The FBI agent rescued her a-and she escaped."

Her boss froze, clenching her fists until her knuckles turned white.

"T-the Russians, they-- They were able to eliminate the whole team of FBI agents b-but Reddington-...", the assistant tried to report but her voice failed.

"Reddington", her boss mumbled through clenched teeth, throwing the glass in her hand against the wall where it shattered into millions of pieces, "This man is ruining everything. All he ever did was destroy what I have built up and I am slowly getting insane! What about Elena? Is she with him? Don't tell me she-"

"She is with him", the other woman spoke, already taking a step back, "I'm sorry but we've lost track of her." Recognizing how her boss's eyes instantly darkened, she took another step back, "But on the positive side, she no longer is protected by the FBI."

"The FBI has never even been the slightest problem to me! Raymond Reddington is! Find him and kill him but do not harm Elena. I need her alive." Pausing for a second that felt like ages, she eventually took a deep breath. "Thinking about it, I might do that myself. Killing him would be a pleasure I wouldn't want anyone else to have. I want to see the look in his eyes when he recognizes he has once more failed in his life. As far as the Russians are concerned, I want them dead. All of them. I don't need any tracks that could lead back to me."

The assistant gulped and nodded quickly. "Of course, Ma'am. I-I am going to get everything going as soon as possible." And with those words, she turned around until the tapping of her heels on the wooden floor once more was the only sound breaking the silence before she eventually exited the huge room and closed the door behind her back.

"The Russians", she then said towards one of the guards, "They need to die, all of them. She doesn't want anything that could be traced back to her."

The other man nodded. "What about Reddington? Shall we kill him, too?"

The assistant shook her head. "She's going to do that all by herself."

At the same time...

Suddenly opening her eyes, the young woman woke up, quickly sitting up in bed to look around and observe the periphery. She didn't know where she was although she was slowly getting used to that fact. But it seemed to be another motel room somewhere far away from civilization.

The room was kept in dark colors, mostly brown and some kind of navy green; and as her gaze wandered around, her eyes finally focused on him sitting in a chair in one of the corners, his hands folded in his lap.

"Hello, Elena", the criminal spoke with a sad smile on his lips, "How are you doing?"

That answer to that question seemed to be so easy but the longer she thought about it, the more she came to realize it was actually far from that. "It feels like I'm dying", she eventually replied, keeping back the tears that were already forming in her eyes, "Nathan is dead a-and Patrick and Emma and Derek-- they're all dead. But I gotta hold up and it's killing me. It's killing me, dad."

He tilted his head, not sure whether he should get up and console her or simply stay where he was, not wanting to get refused by her again. "I promise you, I'm doing everything in my power to end this as soon as possible, everything in my power to keep you safe. And I promise you, once this is over, you'll get the life you want and deserve."