Chapter 19 - Family

Before I knew it, filming had finished for the Christmas break, and it was time for Charlie and me to pack to fly to Dieppe.

"It's only a seven-hour flight, but we'll be there for a week. Also, we'll have one formal-ish evening, so maybe bring that red dress of yours? You look stunning it in." Charlie was listing details for me as he helped me pick out clothes from my wardrobe and pack them.

"Also, bring a pair of runners because we'll go on a few hikes. Oh! And we always wear weird, very festive clothing – I have a red onesie that I wear, and I just bought this snapback Christmas hat. Mum has an assortment of "ugly" Christmas sweaters that you can borrow if you want." I grinned, showing him my own Christmas onesie that I'd brought.

"My god," he said, his eye-widening as he looked at me, "that is fantastic! We'll be matching! Well

"My god," he said, his eye-widening as he looked at me, "that is fantastic! We'll be matching! Well... kinda." He gave me a peck, before moving to my wardrobe and continuing his search. It took us an hour, mainly because he kept getting distracted by different things, specifically my underwear draw, but Charlie finally agreed that I had packed enough stuff.

"So," he said, moving to the kitchen so he could make us so hot cocoa. "I've been meaning to ask you about what you wanted to do next week." Charlie was referring to our second free week – Kenny sent an email out to everyone saying the editors and screenplay writers wanted a week to think about the final two episodes of the show, specifically the final scenes, and that we would have an extra week off before filming resumed.

"Well, we could always go to the snow," I said, and Charlie grinned.

"That's exactly what I was thinking!! You, me and the slopes." He exclaimed, his childlike excitement coming through.

"And maybe some hot cocoa, a warm bed and Netflix," I added, and he grinned, his eyes twinkling with delight.

"As long as we can chill after the Netflix - if ya know what I mean." The boy attempted to wink, and I ended up in a fit of laughter instead because he was so bad at it. 

Once I'd recovered I said, "I was thinking we could invite the cast, see if any of them want to join?" I suggested, and Charlie nodded, agreeing with me that it would be a really fun trip with them.

"Speaking of hot cocoa..." He said, trailing off as he handed me my mug with a candy cane in it. I gave him an inquisitory look, and he said, "What? It's Christmas season!" 

Owen had flown home the day before, and while he was in higher spirits than he'd been after Amy, I could tell he was still a little upset. I worried that living with Charlie and I was making it worse because it was a constant reminder of what he didn't have, but he never mentioned it or made either of us feel bad about it. Still, I think him visiting home will do him some good. 

"So, we have the place to ourselves..." I trailed off, and Charlie gave me a wicked grin in response.

"What did you have in mind?" He said, his eyes twinkling with mischief as I responded,