Chapter 25 - A Statement

It was unending. The pure unaltered hate. 

What a slut. 

She doesn't deserve him. 

She should be ashamed.

Can you imagine hurting someone as sweet as Charlie?  What a bitch. 

All directed at me. The show wasn't even released yet and still, I was getting hate. We'd been told the first episode would be out in two weeks - we'd have a bunch of interviews beforehand, but it would be a quick turnaround because they'd been editing as we went. 

I couldn't even bear to think of the hate I will receive once the show takes off and the boys gained more fans... 

"Hey, hey, please don't cry." Charlie's voice broke, and it was only his words that brought me out of my head and back into the kitchen. I hadn't even realised I was crying as I scrolled through the comments on my Instagram posts. I couldn't bear to check Twitter yet. 

I was still on Charlie's lap, his arms holding me tightly against him as he kissed my forehead in an attempt to soothe my breathing. I hadn't noticed Owen was gone until he returned with my tea, finished and ready for drinking. I sent him a small smile of gratitude.

"We were just thinking of what we can do to help the situation," Owen said, sitting back down and looking to Charlie. His voice was calm but his eyebrows were furrowed. I hadn't even though of what this meant for him - this lie puts Owen in a really bad light as well.

"I'm thinking we sit down together and create a video statement, from the three of us, where we say that it is a lie, and we ask them to subside on the hate," Charlie said, looking up at me with concern. 

"We'll all post it on Instagram and can put the link on Twitter." Owen finished the thought, and I nodded, drying my eyes with my sleeves.

"Do you think it will work?" I asked, looking between the two of them. 

"It'll have to," was all Charlie said. A few minutes later, the three of us were sitting on Charlie's bed, a tripod set up with his phone on a table across the room. I'd put some makeup on so I looked more pulled together, and decided Charlie's jumper was fine to wear - if anything it reiterated that he and I were fine. We were fine... right?

I can't imagine this meant anything to him, considering he knows it a lie. Still, as Owen used the bathroom and Charlie and I were briefly alone, I had to ask him.

"Of course we're fine," Charlie said, coming over to me immediately and kissing me. "If anything you're the one who should be bailing right now because this only happened to you because we're together..." he trailed off, not making eye contact with me as he spoke. 

"Charlie, that is not why. This happened because Amy is unsatisfied with herself and feels the need to drag others down with her. You are worth it. No amount of hate comments or death threats could change the way I feel about you, and how much you've helped me. I love you." I whispered to him, and he just kissed me again. 

"I am so lucky to have you," he whispered, pulling back and away from me as he went to finish setting up the tripod. We decided it would look best if all three of us spoke. 

Once the video was set up, Charlie came at sat on my left, Owen on my right, and I began speaking. "Hi guys, some of you may not know me but my name is Emily Williams, I am the choreographer for the upcoming Netflix show Julie and the Phantoms, and I am also the girlfriend of Charlie Gillespie." He slipped his hand into mine, visible for the camera but I think more to comfort me. 

"Some rumours have come out," Charlie continued, "that is completely false and were made up for clout from one of Owen's exes. I can confirm, as can Owen and Em, that they are completely platonic, and she is all mine." He cracked a grin, letting go of my hand to wrap an arm around my shoulder. I giggled.