chapter20

█ ▆ ▄ ▁

This time, Jeongguk fell asleep.

Namjoon couldn't sleep. He was sitting up, staring out of the window with his hand on the side of his face. He kept thinking about it. He couldn't stop thinking about it. Jeongguk. Staring down at him with a soft smile. Having his hand on the side of his face. A soft touch. He hasn't felt this way in years. It's killing him.

Namjoon removed his hand from his own cheek, looking away from the window to look at the younger. He's peacefully sleeping on the chair, uncomfortably. He was having his legs naturally spread, fist on the side of his face, resting. Namjoon curled his brows, quietly moving the sheets and getting up from the bed.

No. He doesn't need to go to the bathroom. He's leaving.

Jeongguk doesn't need to know. He just quietly walks over to the main door, grabbing his coat from the hook beside the door, trying his best to stay really silent while he slips it on and twists open the door to leave, quietly closing the door behind him.

When the latch made a noise, Jeongguk fluttered his eyes open. Jeongguk sighed, sitting up from the chair and looking at the door. "I knew sleeping was a bad idea... And I knew that he would leave." He slicked his hair back, getting up from the chair. "Fuck."

No one answered his calls.

He can't call his sister because she'll know that he left the hospital without Jeongguk's consent. "Damnit." Namjoon whispered to himself, hanging up since whoever isn't sadly answering.

Another thing, it was raining. He didn't have anything to cover himself. His apartment is pretty far from the hospital, so he can't just walk there. Namjoon just walks into the rain, sitting down on the stair while the rain just pours on him, closing his eyes and lowering his head. He wants to leave for a reason.

Those soft eyes he revealed, the soft touch felt caring, the expression he had... God, why is he getting emotional again? Namjoon closes his eyes, gulping hard with a sigh. He still can't get it out of his head. It's been years for those type of affections.

He heard an umbrella open, suddenly having it hover over him. He felt no raindrops anymore. Namjoon fluttered his eyes open, lifting his head up to see what's hovering over him and the person who's holding it.

"Whatcha doing?" Jeongguk chuckled, tilting his head.

Namjoon bit the inside of his cheek. Fuck. He knew I left. The older just lowers his head back down, putting his legs together. Jeongguk decides to sit down on the stair beside him, softly sighing with the umbrella both above their heads.

"I assume you're ready to go home." Jeongguk spoke up, earning a nod from the older. "You could've just told me. You know that, right?"

Namjoon stayed silent. He could've said that but his emotions got the best of him that he didn't even think of it. Jeongguk curls his brows. Was it because of last night? Is that why he's trying to leave? He thought, sighing softly while looking at him.

"Hold it." Jeongguk spoke, handing him the umbrella.

Namjoon looked at him, noticing that he's only holding the stick part of it and not the handle, letting the older have access to hold it. He lifting his hand up and held it, letting Jeongguk let go and suddenly taking off his own jacket. Namjoon didn't notice, looking at the cars that were just sitting there silently in the parking lot of the hospital.

The older suddenly felt a coat placed down on him. He tensed up, shoulders slightly raising from it. He fluttered his eyes and looked at his shoulder, then him. Jeongguk just softly smiles at him, grabbing the umbrella back. The tip of Namjoon's ears couldn't help to heat up. That odd feeling came back again.

"Jeon."

"Yeah?"

"Why do..." He paused, brows knitting and looked away. "Never mind."

"We should go back inside. We'll catch a cold."

Namjoon bit the inside of his cheek. He's so caring. Jeongguk gets back up on his feet, looking down at the older with a soft smile across his face. Namjoon nervously got back up on his feet, gulping hard with his head slightly lowered.

"Promise me you won't sneak out again."

Namjoon looked up a him. "What?"

"Promise me, Kim." Jeongguk went closer. "Don't run away like you almost did today or I'll have to lock you in the room like I've done last time."

Namjoon stared at him. He doesn't want me to leave him? Why do my knees feel weak? He fluttered his eyes down. "I promise." He mumbled.

"I didn't hear you."

Namjoon looked up at him. "I." He clenched his jaw. "Promise."

"Good." Jeongguk softly smiled. "Now let's go back inside."

Namjoon nods, following him back into the hospital.

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏~♡