chapter31

█ ▆ ▄ ▁

It was hard for Namjoon to sleep in his room again.

He's been sleeping on the couch since he came back from the hospital. He hated his room from now on, knowing that it's cleaned and fine. He still wasn't going to sleep in his room. Not yet. Eun has been coming downstairs and sleeping beside him.

Jeongguk has been staying at his house, keeping himself awake. It's a good thing that he's a light sleeper. He can be asleep and if he hears something, he'll immediately wake up from it. He slept on the chair beside the two on the couch.

Namjoon kept his spot but Eun kept moving around. Jeongguk noticed that the little boy wasn't really comfortable, but he was able to fall asleep.

Jeongguk decided to get up from the chair, walking over to the couch and kneeling down. He quietly and softly scooped up Eun from beside Namjoon, picking him up. Eun didn't wake up from him, being moved back upstairs and into his bedroom.

He carefully placed him down on the bed and put the blanket on him, softly smiling. Jeongguk moved away, closing the door and walking back downstairs. He walked back to the older and moved the blanket back on the older.

"Thanks."

Jeongguk fluttered his eyes, moving his and away from the blanket. He's awake.

"He wouldn't let me sleep." Namjoon mumbled up, getting all comfortable again. "He kept moving."

"I could tell he was annoying you."

"Very." Namjoon pulled the blanket up to his shoulder.

Jeongguk softly sighed, walking over to the chair and sitting back down, getting all comfortable again from his spot. Namjoon put his hand under his pillow, looking at the younger that now closed his eyes to try and sleep again. That hug won't get out of his head now. It wouldn't. He wanted that hug again.

"Jeon."

"Hm?" Jeongguk lifted his head up.

"I don't hate you."

Jeongguk curled his brows, sitting up from the chair. "What do you mean?"

Namjoon fluttered his eyes down. "I never hated you..when we met again. I just..I didn't want others to know about me." He slightly curled himself up. "The public isn't for me. I never wanted to show my face."

Jeongguk got up from the chair and walked over to him, sitting down on the floor. "It doesn't matter what the public says about you. You're more powerful than anyone else. You're a CEO."

Namjoon lifted his head up from the pillow, curling his brows. "You see it that way?"

Jeongguk nods. "I still do."

He fluttered his eyes. I never focused on myself like that. Namjoon looked at him, then sighed, sitting all the way up and patting down on the couch. "Sit."

Jeongguk blinked, getting up from the floor and nervously sitting down beside him. They were only a few inches apart from touching. Namjoon kept moving his hand. Jeongguk noticed, scoffing from how awkward he's being beside him.

"Do you want to hold my hand?"

"What?" Namjoon knits his brows, looking at him. "No. Hell no. Why do you say that?"

"You keep moving your hand." Jeongguk chuckled. "What are you trying to do?"

Namjoon held on his own hand, moving away. "Nothing. It's normal."

Jeongguk softly smiled, chuckling. "You can hold my hand if you want or need to."

"I don't need my hand to be held."

Jeongguk raised a brow at him. "You sure?"

Namjoon looked at him with his brows still knitted. The younger kept his hand out, patiently waiting for him with a soft smile. The older fluttered his eyes a bunch of times, slowly and nervously moving his hand to the younger's. But hovered.

Jeongguk didn't mind. He waited.

Then Namjoon moved his hand away. "I don't need it."

Jeongguk puts his hand down, chuckling. "Okay."

Second thought. Second thought. Second thought. Namjoon gulped hard. Goddamnit. "Put your hand back up."

Jeongguk didn't hesitate and put his hand back up, right back in his position.

Namjoon gulped hard. "Don't move your hand."

Jeongguk nods.
The older looked at him, curling his brows and glanced down at his hand. He lifts his hand back up, shakily lowering his hand nervously to touch on the younger's hand. The older shakily places his hand down on the younger's hand, both of their palms both now touching. Jeongguk didn't move his hand.

Namjoon kept himself calm. "Now you can."

Jeongguk intertwined their fingers together, softly smiling. Namjoon fluttered his eyes once they both noticed something.

Why does his hand feel so strong? Namjoon thought.

Why is his hand so smooth? Jeongguk thought.

Namjoon looked at him, then looking away. "Y-You work out a lot..don't you..." He nervously said.

"Yeah. Almost everyday." Jeongguk bit the inside of his cheek. "You have a smooth hand."

"Wh-What's that supposed to mean?" His brows knitted.

Jeongguk chuckled. "Your hand is very soft. No wonder you don't like physical contact."

The older looked at him. He could feel his own face heat up, the tip of his ears going naturally rose red. Jeongguk just smiles at him, rubbing the top of his hand with his thumb. Namjoon could feel himself heating up even more.

"I can hold your hand all day if I was able to." He softly spoke.

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏~♡

uwu