chapter90

█ ▆ ▄ ▁

It's been a few days down.

They decided to make an actual living and keep the marriage on hold, only staying as fiancé's. Jeongguk is the one working during the time, leaving the house most of the time. Namjoon stayed in and worked on the plants and the yard, cleaning up some stuff they left out alone.

Namjoon didn't want to leave the house. He just wasn't ready to do it yet. Ever since what they did, Namjoon just had a small fear to leave his comfort. Thankfully, Jeongguk volunteered to start to work first, having amazing confidence while he leaves.

While Namjoon was putting up clean plates that he finished washing, he heard a repeated knock. He glanced at the door, closing the cabinet and walking over to the main door. He looks through the window first, unlocking the door than opening it.

"So? I heard the exciting news!" Hoseok smiled big, holding a baby carrier basket.

Namjoon chuckles. "Come in."

Hoseok takes off his chooses and carefully walked in, letting the taller closed the door behind him. They both walked over to the couch, Hoseok happily sitting down on the couch and putting the carrier down beside him. Namjoon sits down on the chair that's in front of the couch, nervously smiling.

"C'mon~ Show me the ring!"

Namjoon chuckles and shows his hand, revealing the engagement ring.

Hoseok gasps, softly grabbing the male's hand with both of his hand to get a closer look. "Oh my god... It's so beautiful!"

Namjoon bites the inside of his cheek. "I'm not going to lie to you..but I was so confused until he kneeled down."

Hoseok chuckles. "I was too when Yoongi did. I'm so happy for you, Joon. You're very lucky to have someone like him." He let's go of Namjoon's hand.

The taller smiles. "Thank you, Hoseok."

Hoseok nods. "It's nothing. So..do you think he's going to take your surname?"

"I feel like I'll take his surname. For sure."

Hoseok crisscrossed his legs. "How does that sound ringing in your head? Jeon Namjoon~"

Namjoon nervously rubs the back of his neck, shaking his head. "Honestly..that sounds weird."

"How about Kim Jeongguk?"

The taller shakes his head again. "I don't want him to be a Kim."

"Damn, that's gonna be difficult."

A tiny sneeze.
Hoseok quickly turns his head to the carrier, uncrossing his legs and positions himself to sit on his legs. He leans up to the carrier, placing a soft hand on the baby's head to make sure his daughter's okay.

Namjoon blinks. "Is..Is that your daughter?" He nervously asked.

"My youngest. She got sick so I had to bring her along." Hoseok unbuckles the baby from the carrier, moving the blanket off her. "I'm sorry for this."

"No, it's fine. I just..never been around..a baby before." He confesses.

Hoseok carefully takes out his daughter from the carrier, putting an arm under her. "Do you want to hold her?"

"No, no, I shouldn't." Namjoon quickly gets up on his feet, refusing. "I might drop her."

"You'll be sitting down. You won't drop her." Hoseok slowly gets up on his feet. "Sit. She's calm so she won't scream or cry. She'll just be sneezing."

"O-Okay." Namjoon nervously sits back down on his chair as the male slowly lowers the baby down to the male's arms.

Hoseok softly smiles at him. "Cup your arms and support her head. Imagine you're holding glass."

Namjoon did what he's told, cupping the baby up and placing a hand on the back of her head. He stared at the baby with brows nervously curled. Hoseok places a soft hand on the taller's shoulder, sitting up as he watched him closely.

"Wh-What's her name?" Namjoon nervously asks.

"Yeonmin." Hoseok sits back down on the couch. "Yoongi named her." He remembers Yoongi used to being scared of holding his own daughter like Namjoon is. Hoseok felt his own tears in his eyes.

"Hi Yeonmin." Namjoon whispers at the baby, touching the baby's lips. "I-I'm your uncle..uncle Namjoonie." He looks up at Hoseok. "Right?"

Hoseok nods, sniffing. "Right."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, you just..." Hoseok wipes his eyes, sniffing again. "You're scared to hold an innocent baby..just how Yoongi was."

Namjoon blinks. "Yoongi was scared to hold her?"

He nods. "His life was rough that he just couldn't put himself to do it." He bites the inside of his cheek, shakily sighing. "He always cried to me and told me he felt like he's going to hurt her..but he was just peacefully holding her."

Namjoon flutters his eyes down at the baby, seeing that Yeonmin has her eyes close. "I understand how he felt. She's a beautiful baby girl." He looks at him.

Hoseok faintly smiles at the taller, sniffing. "He just..cried while he held her. He was always afraid that he'll make a mistake."

"He was a great father, wasn't he?" Namjoon softly says.

"He was amazing."

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏~♡