chapter42

█ ▆ ▄ ▁

"Guys—?" Geongmin paused.

They're both not in the bedroom. She checked the guest bedroom too; they're not there either. Her brows curled in worry. Did they leave without telling me? She questioned herself. She sighs sadly, walking over to the bathroom by pushing it open.

When she opened the door, she immediately made eye contact with her brother. "Shit, there you a—"

"Shh." Namjoon pointed towards the closet, keeping his voice low. "Use the other bathroom if you need to go."

"Why?"

Once again, Namjoon pointed towards the closet as he left the bathroom. Geongmin curled his brows and looked at the closet. She walked over to it and slowly pushed the door more wider.

Oh. Jeongguk is peacefully sleeping on the floor like he had no problem doing so. He was leaning on the wall, in the corner with his head hanging low from slumber. Namjoon leaned on the doorframe and waited for his sister.

"Why is he sleeping in the closet?" She spoke quietly to him.

"...Because of me." Namjoon lowers his head and leaves the room.

Her brows curled. "What did you do?"

Namjoon didn't answer when he left. Geongmin just sighs and looked back at the male that's still sleeping in the closet. She decides to kneel down to him and shake his leg to wake him up with her brows still curled.

"Jeongguk, wake up. I think this isn't your bedroom." She sadly chuckled.

Jeongguk fluttered his eyes open, lifting his hand up rub his face groaning. "Huh...?"

"You really slept here?"

"Your brother went to the closet in the middle of the night..so I stayed with him." He rubbed his eye. "Where did he go?"

"He left not so long ago."

"Oh." Jeongguk got up from the floor, rubbing his neck. "Excuse me." Jeongguk walked out of the bathroom and started to look for the older. "Hyung?"

Namjoon ignored the shout, continuing to do his laundry and walking over to the laundry room with a basket in hand. Jeongguk knows he heard him and still went downstairs, going towards the laundry room, easily noticing the basket is gone.

"Hyung." Jeongguk spoke, pushing the door open. "Wait." He closed the door behind him.

Namjoon looked from the basket, brows knitted. "I thought you were still asleep." He looks back at his laundry.

"Your sister woke me up. We need to talk."

"About nothing." Namjoon mumbles.

"No. About the kiss." Jeongguk walked up to him.

Namjoon stopped what he did, turning around to look at him. "Jeongguk."

"I'm serious about this." His brows curled. "You never explained why you did. I just..I want to know because I've been having mixed feelings about it."

The older sighs. "It's too early to talk about this."

"I don't care about the time, Hyung." Jeongguk fully stood in front of him. "Why did you kiss me?"

Namjoon stared at him.
His heart started to beat fast from realizing the younger is close to him. Jeongguk was serious though, his arms between the older with his hands on the drier. Namjoon gulped hard, his ears heating up from how close they are, only inches apart.

"E-Eighth grade." Namjoon shakily spoke.

Jeongguk blinked, slowly moving away. "What about eighth grade?"

"M..My last love life." Namjoon lowered his head, feeling horrible to remember the memory. "He..He was the last person I kissed."

Jeongguk felt horrible to let him think about the past, but he still listened without forcing him.

"I-I've always had a liking to you in high school, Jeongguk, but you..y-you wanted to join the military and become a cop and..I-I don't like cops."

"How come you don't like cops?" Jeongguk nervously asked, knowing it'll be bad to ask.

Namjoon gulped hard, shakily tightening his grip on the drier. "B-Because of the last person I kissed."

Jeongguk curled his brows. "I'm really sorry."

"Don't be." Namjoon looks up at him. "Y..You deserve to know anyways." He bit the inside of his cheek, lowering his head back down.

The younger slowly walk up to him placing a hand on Namjoon's. He tensed up as Jeongguk moved the older's hand from the drier, up to his own chest. Namjoon fluttered his eyes and looked at the younger, having his own pleading eyes with slight tears from the conversation.

"I promise you. With all my heart, I will never hurt you in the way that he hurt you." Jeongguk softly said, holding onto the older's hand tightly.

I believe it. Namjoon felt his hand shake from under the younger's hand that's on his chest. But does he really mean it? He just gulps hard and slowly leans over to the younger..then moves to the side. Jeongguk quietly chuckles, removing his hand from his own chest and holding onto his hand, lifting his hand up to go under Namjoon's chin.

"Never be afraid to do this."

Jeongguk softly pressed his lips on the older's lips.

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏~♡

namjoon: