Death

Sakura couldn't help but feel discouraged when three sound ninja attacked Kabuto it seemed like the first real threat since wave. Not to mention their first instructor Ibiki Morino being terrifying, so at this point, she was downright afraid.

The first test was rather average and not at all what she would expect. Multiple choice answers weren't tricky. It was the easiest type of test you could give, but these questions were different.

They seemed to get more complicated as she went on, and since they were being graded as a team, she was concerned for Naruto. 'They want us to cheat,' Sakura thought, tapping her forehead before her movement stopped out of her control.

'That damn Ino is trying to cheat off me!' Inner screamed, growing angrier by the minute. 'Get out my mind, pig,' Inner said, pushing the blond out of her body and back into her own.

Ino looked at the pinkette in annoyance, which received a victory smirk in return.

-

"The forest of death," Sakura read aloud, ignoring Naruto, who kept commenting on how scary and luminous the trees were. "Not helping the situation, Naruto," Sakura said, walking away from the blond to stand next to Sasuke.

'Let's do this. I'm ready!'

-

Sakura was indeed ready, but not so much for snake bastards. Sakura felt like a rabbit hiding for their lives, but she knew that her life could end at any moment.

Peering towards the snake man that had all his attention towards Sasuke, she desperately wished for a fire extinguisher.

-

There was so much she could take, and it was becoming tough to keep moving with both her teammates heavily injured. Sasuke being bitten by the man known as Orochimaru, and Naruto was heavily injured unconscious.

Sakura didn't know what could get any worse until the three sound ninjas from before surrounded her to 'test' Sasuke.

'You gotta be fucking-'

-
Making it to the tower was such a relief their other old classmates also seemed to have passed. Sakura saw Lee all patched up and smiled in relief when she saw he was okay from him protecting her.

Sasuke was as quiet as ever, clutching his neck in pain from the mark Orochimaru left behind. Sakura tried reasoning with him to call it quits but was pushed away and disregarded.

'He freaking broke a guy's arm, and he wants me to back off?!'

-

Sakura knew immediately that Sasuke would be the talk of the show when he was battling first. The most surprising thing she saw was when she realized he copied Rock Lee's technique move for move.

Shivering slightly, she noticed how the redhead with the love kanji carved on his forehead licked his lips. 'The freaks come out early, I guess.'

-

Breathing in and out, Sakura walked down the stairs to the stadium's center to stand across from her opponent: Ino Yamanaka. Everyone in the stadium seemed disinterested in their fight hell even her teacher seemed disinterested.

'This is so embarrassing,' inner said, shaking her head. Sakura rolled her eyes. 'I don't need their attention,' Sakura said, getting in position to fight. 'Well, I do! Honestly, all these hot guys are here-' Sakura tuned inner out when she realized Ino was speaking.

"I've been waiting for this Sakura!" Ino said, getting in a position to perform her family technique.

"Ha—yeah right-agh," Sakura churched forward, attempting to cover her mouth before bile could hit the ground.

Ino stepped back when she saw blood splatter to the ground. Hayate coughed into his palm and raised his hand. Ino shook her head. "I-I didn't do that!" she said, backing away from the pinkette.

Sakura felt her throat burning and attempted to say something before she hit the ground. Silence came quickly after, and everyone in the room became confused at the fast battle.

"Hey Ino, when did you learn that?!" Choji yelled out to the blond, who appeared terrified. Hayate walked towards Sakura's unmoving body to check her pulse.

"...she's not breathing."

-

"Sakura, wake up! It's the day of the chunin exams!"