Chapter 21

I fiddled with the small pen in my hand as I looked at the paper I had to sign. Leaning my head to the side, I feel a small crack and sigh in content.

"Why am I hesitating? It's just a random document." I lift the pen and write my signature down on the empty box. As I finished my hands started to shake and I gently placed the pen back down. My eyes avert from the desk to the window. I watched the trees slowly sway in the wind and the pink and orange dust of the sun set spread itself across the sky.

A knock could be heard from the door and I sit back up straight, turning my upper body so I could see who knocked.

"Come in!" I yell softly and watch as the three allies enter the room, bright smiles on their faces, "What has gotten you so excited?"

America stepped forward, "So... We were thinkingggg and- "

France then cut him off, which America glared at him about, and walked forward too, "It took a lot of convincing- "

It was Britain's turn to speak. He stepped forward, holding something behind his back "But we managed to do it- "

"Anyway! We've noticed you've been sort of sad lately."

"And we wanted to give you something but- "

"But we were never actually told your birthday." France pointed at me accusingly and I giggled at how silly my parents were acting.

"Soooo- "

"We decided to give it to you now!" I stare at the paper before looking up the allis with a lifted eyebrow.

I stood up from the chair I was sat in and walked up to Britain who held out a piece of paper. In curiosity, I grabbed it and starting to read it. After I read it once through, I looked from the paper to the allies and back at the paper, having to read it over once more to process what I had just read.

A small smile appeared on my face and I looked up excitedly.

"R-Really?!"

"Federal Republic of Germany, you are now an independent country."

My mouth was open in shock, I wasn't able to think of any words. My brain couldn't process what just happened.

"Why do all my children grow up so fast? I swear one second they are a child, and then the next they are independent." France wiped a few tears away with a tissue and was comforted by Britain.

"I-I don't know what to say. Thank you so much! But... I don't know how to lead a country..."

"Well, that is were we step in and help."

Britain handed me another document paper. I read over it and smile as I saw the four official signatures declaring I was my own country. I feel tears well up in my eyes and look up at Britain who looked back at me happily.

"Danke. F-For everything. I don't know what I would have done without you."

"You are saying this like you're never going to see us again and it is making me emotional!" France cried from the other couch. I turn my body on the couch to face him and place a hand on his knee.

"We are neighbours France. I think I'll see you plenty more times." I reassured but France only seemed to sob harder.

"That's what Canada said and hes on the other side of the ocean." France sobbed into the small napkin he had, and I heard Britain chuckle behind me.

"Don't worry about him, he gets emotional at the littlest of things." Britain nudged me and I looked over to him.

"Comment oses-tu dire cela!"