Ch. 8 - Disloyalty

N/A: Hey, everyone. School gives me anxiety, and it also gives me a ton of work to do. Here's chapter eight!

"We'll never be able to find her," Rarity signed.

"I'm sure she's somewhere around here," said Twilight.

"Why do you think she'd be here, Applejack?" asked Fluttershy.

The girls were searching for Dash in the forest near CHS. It was around evening that time.

"Well, Ah know Dash very well than the rest of ya'll besides Fluttershy," Applejack replied. "And, whenever she's depressed or somethin,' she'd would most often come here."

After an hour, the girls decide to take a quick break. They sat on the grassy ground, thinking among themselves. It was a long silence. The girls' were worried to what might've happened with their friend. 'Where could she be?' Sunset thought. 'If only I used my powers. Come on, Sunset, you gotta stop blaming yourself, what is done is done.' After a long phrase of silence, Twilight spoke.

"Alright," she spoke. "Anyone ready to go?"

"Yes," the others responded.

"We need to split up, it'll be easier to find her," Twilight said.

"Good idea," Applejack said.

The girls where split in two. Pinkie was with Fluttershy, Rarity with Applejack, and Twilight with Sunset. They decided to use their geodes as signals if they see something suspicious.

"We'll never find her," sighed Applejack.

"Dear, I know you're worried," Rarity reassured. "But, we'll find her, just have hope."

"Heh, I guess you're right, Rarity," Applejack said.

Fifteen minutes has passed and no sign of Rainbow Dash. The girls were starting to give up. They decided to meet up again.

"We'll never be able to find her," Sunset sighed.

"Don't lose hope, Sunset," reassured Twilight. "I'm sure we'll find her."

Then, Sunset spotted a shadowy figure not afar from the group. 'Wait . . . could that be . . . ?' she thought. Twilight looked behind her, then looked back at Sunset confused. Sunset then started to walk to that particular figure she saw a minute ago.

"Come, I saw something," she said as she was directing the group.

The group then followed. Soon, they reached where the mysterious figure was. It was standing there. It had dark black hair. It's back was turned away from them. Sunset spoke.

"Rainbow Dash . . . ," Sunset started. "Is that . . . you?"

Then a snicker followed. The figure spoke.

"I see you have found me," it spoke in a low voice.

"Where were you?" Sunset asked. "We've looked everywhere for you."

"Why did you look for me?" Rainbow asked.

Rainbow turned around, she had red eyes. Everyone gasped.

"Rainbow, darling," Rarity said. "How about we go home and talk about this?"

"Rainbow . . . ," Applejack hesitated. "What happened to ya?"

"Why do you all care?!" Rainbow asked sternly.

"Because, we're your friends," Twilight answered.

"Friends who leave each other in the dark and not giving them a chance to explain?" Dash sneered. "I have such "great" friends, don't I?"

Then, Sunset immediately grabbed Rainbow's arm. She used her powers to see what happened. There it was, the truth. Sunset saw that mist Rainbow was talking about. It seemed to be blackmailing her, but Sunset wasn't sure. Then, as she lets go of Rainbow. She looked at Dash with a face of regret.

"So . . . ," Sunset hesitated. "You were telling the truth this whole time?"

Rainbow looked at Sunset and the others, she smirked. Everyone was shocked, everyone felt guilty. The truth was out.

"Looks like you've figured it out, finally," Rainbow snickered.

"Rainbow look, we're sorry okay," Sunset apologized. "Only if I used my powers sooner, we would be able to fix this."

"Well, it's too late," Rainbow sneered. "The damage has already been done."

"Look, Dash, how about we help you," Twilight spoke.

"I don't need your help," Rainbow yelled angrily.

"But, Dash, we're your friends," Applejack said as she walked up to Dash.

"Friends?!" Dash yelled as a force of magic appeared from Dash's hand as she pushed Applejack away from her. "And, why would I want to be friends with you? You're annoying as heck!"

"Ahh!" Applejack yelled as she flew backwards.

"Applejack!" The others screamed as they ran towards her to help her.

"Rainbow Dash!" yelled Twilight. "Why are you acting like this?!"

"She's corrupted by Equestrian magic!" concluded Sunset, she's becoming more corrupted every second."

As the girls helped Applejack up, they were getting frightened every second.

"Dash, please," Applejack said. "Please stop this . . . ."

"Rainbow!" Sunset shouted. "You have to snap out of it! Don't let it get to you!"

Rainbow stayed quiet.

'Don't listen to them! They aren't worthy of you! You must feel power! You can't resist! Only I can take control of you!!' the voice spoke around Dash.

"Too late!" Rainbow sneered.

N/A: I suck at coming up with titles. Oof. Welp, I hope you enjoyed that chapter, I basically just wrote what came to mind.