Chapter 9 : Strip And Bleed

After last night's dream Sirius missed Selena more. She had texted him earlier that she won't be able to make it to see him after the practice. She also said that she wanted to talk about something important to him. She will meet him on Sunday evening. She didn't mention any place though.

"Sirius, honey, Matt is here," called Dhruv from downstairs.

He was in his sister's room which was across his. Her room was still decorated the way it was when she lived in it. Pink and white striped walls. Toys and children's books of all shapes and sizes. A doll and a tea set was set on a little table beside the bed. Dhruv cleaned it every weekend for her. Sirius and Liam visited her room whenever they missed them.

"Coming," he replied clutching the picture of his family in his hands when he was a baby in his mother's arms. Serah holding his father's finger, Liam and Dhruv standing on either side of his parents.

He kept the picture at the bedside table, picked up his bag and hurried downstairs.

____

By the time their practices were over everyone was drenched in sweat. The sun was about to set soon. Everyone was leaving the school ground and going towards the boys changing room to get a bath before it got too cold and crowded.

On his way to the changing room Sirius saw Taura standing at the edge of the football ground. She was looking directly at him with a very serious and determined expression. Her hands folded on her chest and hair tied tightly above her head.

"I thought Selena was coming. Why is she here?" asked Matt.

"I don't know," said Sirius looking at the other direction.

Sirius was still angry at Taura for not letting Selena tell him what she wanted to say last night. He also suspected that she didn't let her come today too. Maybe she was here to tell him to stay away from her and he was determined to tell her to fuck off.

____

Sirius came out of the changing room. His dark hair looked darker after being damp. He was thinking of visiting the cemetery where his parents and sister were buried. Selena's house fell on the way. Maybe he would drop by and say 'Hi' on his way home, he thought. Then he saw Taura coming towards him. She stopped in front of him, looked around to see if anyone was there at the empty corridor and said, "We need to talk. But not here. It's important. Come."

"I know what you want to say. I am not leaving Selena. Not that we are together or anything but still I am not. So you can fuck off," said Sirius.

"What! No, that's not what I want to say. Just come," she said frustrated.

She pulled by his elbow and dragged him into the chemistry lab. He got surprised by her strength. She pulled him like he was made of air. Even if he didn't want to go with her he doubted he would have had much choice in it. She locked the door behind them and dragged him to the end of the room.

She faced him and begun, "I know who you are."

"Well obviously you know who I am," said Sirius confused.

"No need to hide anymore Rigel Kentaurus. I have discovered you. How did you get in here behind Elio's back?" she said.

"Excuse me!" said Sirius not being able to understand a single thing she said. "Look Taura just tell me what you want. I have to go somewhere and it's getting late..."

"Don't pretend Rigel," she said.

What happened next came completely out of the blue. She knew that he liked her sister and Sirius never expected her to behave that way in front of him. Taura pulled her top over her head and was now standing half naked in front of him. The only thing covering her upper portion was a sky blue bra. Sirius looked away immediately.

"Taura, what the hell! You know I like Selena. I can't do this. I don't see you that way....Oh God! I can't breathe...," he panicked.

"Stop this act and look, you moron," she said irritated.

"No I can't. I won't...,"

"Stop being a pussy Rigel and look," she said again in the same tone.

He peeked and couldn't believe his eyes. She was standing showing her back to Sirius and on her bare back was a tattoo. No not exactly a tattoo. It looked more than a tattoo. Like something perfectly drawn on her back. A constellation. It looked so real. Sirius knew enough about the night sky to recognise it as the constellation Taurus, the bull. The stars in them were actually twinkling. He couldn't look away from them. He had never seen something so beautiful before. Looking at it for too long was blinding him but still he couldn't look away.

Suddenly Taura pulled her top on and turned.

"So...Recognise me now?" she asked hopefully with a hint of caugth-you-red-handed.

"That was so cool where did you get it from? Does Selena have one too?" he asked in excitement.

"You don't remember! But how can it be? I was so sure." Her hands slowly went over her mouth. Then realisation struck over her face like lightning. "You came as a mortal!"

"What are you babbling about again?" he said.

Without answering him, more like completely ignoring him she took his arm in her one hand. Then picked up a pencil compass lying on the table beside them with the other hand. Very swiftly she sliced open a scarlet wound on his wrist with the pointed end of the compass. Blood started to spill like red ink after a little while.

"Ouch! Have you lost your mind?" he said in disbelieve and pain from the wound.

"But how?" she muttered looking at his bleeding hand.

She took a last glance at him. Her eyes wide open as if in shock. Then she stalked out of the room without looking back once. Sirius stood there bleeding, trying to cover his wound with his good hand and totally confused.