Chapter 5 : Find Me

"Happy Birthday man," said Sirius to Shawn infront of the school building.

"Thanks man. I have good news for you. I met Taura today in the morning near my house. I asked her if she, Selena and her brothers were coming tonight at my place and she said yes," said Shawn.

Sirius' eyes lit up. He looked at Shawn hopefully and said, "Are you sure she is coming?"

"Sirius," someone called him from behind.

No, not someone, he knew who it was before he turned around. He had known the voice for a really long time. It was the most familiar voice to him. He has been planning and plotting to talk to the owner of the voice for the past week cause she has been avoiding him. And he couldn't stand it. But to his utter disbelief she was here calling his name, just the way she did in his dream last night. But this time with less anxiety.

"Selena," he said.

She half ran towards him from a distance. Shawn wished him luck and begun walking towards the school. She looked as beautiful as she always did. A dark elf princess with silver and sharp features in modern wear. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun. Strands of silver poked out off her head and fell on her face. She wore a white baggy t-shirt which was loosely tucked in her khaki cargo pants and the same floral print white sneakers.

"Hey... I am sorry for ignoring you all those days," she said.

"What? No, don't apologize. My confession was weird enough to make anyone run away," said Sirius with a nervous laugh.

She laughed too. "No I told you it was not weird. I was ignoring you for something else that I can't tell you now. But I think we should try to know each other and start by being friends," said Selena and gave a smile to Sirius.

"I think that will be the best way to start from," said Sirius and he raised his hand towards her again as a gesture of being friends. "Friends."

"Friends," she took his hand this time and shook it.

The bell rang and the remaining few people late for school rushed towards the school building. Sirius took her hand and they walked together hand in hand to their first class, Maths.

____

Sirius went to Selena's class after the third period to walk with her to the cafeteria. They sat together in Maths. Matt took Selena's place beside Anne. Then Taura came after the first period when he, Selena and Matt were about to leave. She asked Matt if he would like to walk to the next class with Selena and her. Sirius had to wait for the next two periods to see her again.

She gave a big smile when she saw Sirius standing at the doorway. "You didn't have to wait for me here," she said.

"Yes I did. Are you going to Shawn's birthday tonight?" said Sirius.

She took his hand and said, "Yes, Taura wants me to go with them."

"Don't you want to go?" he asked.

"Will you be there?" she asked.

"Yes," he said.

"Now, I do," she said looking at him through her lashes. The silver in them shimmered in the daylight and Sirius' heart skipped a beat.

"Selena, come on," said one of the Whitlock twins from the classroom.

She almost jumped up at her brother's sudden call and quickly dropped Sirius' hand. "Yes coming. One sec," she said. "Gotta go, see you in the next class."

"Won't you sit with us at lunch? They can too if they want to," said Sirius confused with her sudden change of behavior.

"I'll have to sit with them sorry. Bye, see you after school," she said and ran to her cousins, took one of their hands and walked away from him towards the cafeteria.

Sirius looked at her while she went away. He felt like he missed her already. But things are good now, atleast she was not ignoring him and she was going with him at a party. Was she going as his date? But she said they were friends. But they were holding hands weren't they! So what does that make them?! Sirius' thoughts were overflowing his mind.

'Maybe I'll ask her after a few days cause whatever was going on now it was better than being ignored and maybe she wanted to take things slowly,' he thought.

Someone patted him on the shoulders from behind and burst his bubble of thoughts. "So you and Selena are a thing now?" asked Ethan.

"Hey man. No, but we might be, I don't know," said Sirius.

"She is not ignoring you anymore soo...that's good news right?" asked Ethan.

"Yes, it is but she seems distant, specially when her family is around," said Sirius. "I really like her you know. This is not like with Heidi or Trisha. This is different but she seemed to be holding herself back for some reason."

"Maybe her family is strict or something. Weird about boys. She'll come around don't worry about it. Atleast now you don't look like you'll die in the next minute. We were really worried about you," said Ethan. "Come on let's go."

____

Selena was about to head out to go home with her brothers and sister when Sirius found her.

"Selena, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Yeah sure," she said. "You guys go on I'll catch up with you," she said to Orion and went to Sirius.

"Do you want me to pick you up later from your house to Shawn's?" asked Sirius hopefully.

"Oh! No, no, that won't be necessary. Shawn lives in the same Street as I do. I'll see you there," she said.

"Ok then," said Sirius disappointed cause she made it clear it was not a date and they were not going as a couple.

Selena somewhat sensing it said, "Find me there, will you?"

"Yes, I'll find you," he replied slowly and deep down he felt that he had said this to her before.