Chapter 6 : Shawn's Party, Part - 1

Selena was sitting in front of her open cupboard, looking at it hopelessly. She couldn't decide what to wear to the party. She asked Taura for help but she was busy getting ready herself.

"So our sister is trying to look pretty for the cute guy from this morning." Altair came into her room and sat beside her. "Taura sent me. Have you decided anything to wear yet?"

He was wearing a bright metallic blue shirt with lilac coloured flowers printed on it and a black jeans. His platinum hair was styled and gelled neatly.

No, I am not trying to look anything for anyone and no, I still couldn't decide what to wear," she said rolling her eyes.

He got up and began pulling out clothes from her neatly arranged cupboard. "Hey don't ruin my clothes' folds, just watch from the outside and tell me what to wear," said Selena jumping up.

"Well you could never decide what to wear by just admiring your beautiful cupboard from the outside," he said and began holding two dresses up as if measuring them with his eyes. After some times he said, "Here wear this," and handed her a white lace dress.

She took it and said, "You will clean this mess up."

She went to the bathroom to wear it. The dress was simple yet beautiful. It flew down to her knees, ending in lace patterns. It perfectly contrasted with her skin which made her features standout more.
Altair was applying kohl under his eyes when Selena came out wearing it.

He looked at her in the mirror's reflection and smiled. "Come let me help you with your makeup."

"No no. No makeup just put on a little kohl on my eyes like yours," she said. "And what do I do with my hair?"

"Let it fall that way, it looks nice," he said.

"You guys ready?" asked Taura standing at the door. Archer and Orion stood beside her.

Taura was wearing a short yellow dress. The colour complemented her brown eyes. With her hair tied in double braids and the gold ring on her septum piercing, she looked stunning. Archer was wearing a simple grey t-shirt with '#FAMOUS' embroidered on his chest.

"At least you could have combed your hair, Archer," said Altair annoyed. Archer just smirked at him in return.

"I want you guys home by 8," said Orion in an authoritative tone.

"Don't worry, we will be home by 9," said Taura.

"Come with us, it'll be fun," Selena said to Orion.

"You guys go. I have some work to do. You look beautiful by the way," he said and kissed her on her forehead.

____

"Why isn't she here yet!" said Sirius worried that this morning was a dream and she wasn't actually going to show up.

"She will come, Sirius. Don't act like a child. And look, Heidi is waving at us, go talk to her till Selena comes," said Theo. "What! Why are you giving me that look! See man if you won't go to Heidi then I will.She is the head cheerleader, after all, and they don't just wave at anyone," with this Theo walked away to Heidi.

"He'll never change," said Matt.

"Why are Shawn and Ethan not here yet? And where the heck is Ryan, he was supposed to be here an hour ago," said Sirius.

"Ethan texted that the cake isn't ready yet. They are still at the cake shop. And Ryan is late as usual," said Matt.

"I'll go look for her," said Sirius.

They were at the basement of Shawn's house. He went to the stairs to go up and wait by the main door for Selena. On his way he saw Ryan rushing downstairs in a hurry. He was supposed to help them decorate and get food but everyone knew he would be late as always. But none of them knew why. The place was starting to fill up with more and more people. Pool of known and unknown faces flooded in from the entrance. Some were invited, some were not. Sirius even saw students from a different school coming. But none of the faces belonged to Selena in the crowd.

'Where is she?' he thought.

Shawn and Ethan came after sometime. "Come downstairs man. I'll cut the cake soon," said Shawn.

"Yeah, coming," said Sirius.

He left all hope and decided to head downstairs with them when he saw one of Selena's cousins approaching him.

"Hey, pretty boy," he said. "Looking for my sister?"

"Yes, I am. Archer right?" he said not sure which one of them he was. "Can you point me in her direction?"

"No darling, I am not Archer. He is the mundane one. I am Altair. And yes, I'll point you in her direction only if you point me in your friend Ryan's direction," he said.

"Oh! Yeah sure, he is downstairs with the others," said Sirius.

"Thanks darling. My sister is in the kitchen. Probably waiting for you," he said sounding amused.

Sirius went past more unknown people and saw her leaning on the kitchen counter, holding a plastic cup.

'Damn, she looks more beautiful than I last saw her!' thought Sirius not being able to take his eyes off her.

She caught him looking at her from a distance. She gave him a big smile, kept the cup on the counter and went towards him.

"Hey, I was looking for you a while ago," said Selena.

"You look so beautiful," Sirius thought out loud. 'Wait what! What did I just say! Damn you Sirius!' he thought.

She laughed and said, "Thanks."

Sirius went pink. "Umm...Shawn'll cut the cake soon. Wanna head downstairs?" he asked her.