MentalModel!Brothers and Reader

This is now it's own stand-alone story, written under the title of 'Defection'. Go check it out!

(Inspired by the CG anime 'Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova-' by Ark Performance.)

(English subtitles available in the video.

Please note that since I want to have the Matsuno brothers remain as male, they will be Mental Models of German warships due to the fact that the German military refer to their naval ships as 'he', instead of the typical female pronouns of other countries. This will not impact anything else about the characters.

For further clarification, the Matsuno brothers will be different classifications of warships.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is presently unknown who or what created these vessels. Even their purpose is not completely clear: while the 'Fleet of Fog' annihilates anyone who dares to sail into the seas and claims that destroying humankind is their mission, they have never attacked human settlements or facilities ashore. In fact, they have standing orders to avoid any attack on coastal or inland settlements.

Originally, the 'Fleet of Fog' began its (re)activation on the 1st of May of 1945; however, due to the disappearance of the Admiralty Code, the process was halted and resumed only in the beginning of the second decade of the 21st century. Starting in the year 2012, sightings of 'ghost ships' were reported all around the world. Eyewitnesses always stated that these ships looked like World War II warships and that they always appear surrounded by thick fog. Such sightings, while not that rare, weren't discussed much. This changed in the year 2038, when the number of "ghost warship" sightings increased greatly.

Many investigations into these 'ghost warships' were launched, but nothing concrete was discovered. At one point in 2038 the 'ghost warships' trespassed into Russian waters and were attacked by a patrol fleet. The said patrol fleet was annihilated, revealing just how powerful these 'ghost warships' were.

Around December of 2038, the 'ghost warships' went on the offensive and began attacking human naval forces all over the world. By 2039, humanity had lost all of its battles against this new threat, which was now referred to as the 'Fleet of Fog'.

The human vessels that had survived thus far were all brought together and a great multinational fleet was formed. This eventually led to what became known as the "Great Naval Battle". The battle lasted for two days and humans lost 70% of what remained from their fleets and suffered over 600,000 casualties. The few ships that survived the 'Great Naval Battle' were placed in hidden underground docks and mothballed until such time as a way to combat the 'Fleet of Fog' was found. Following their victory, the "Fleet of Fog'' formed a global blockade and isolated all inhabited continents and islands from each other." - excerpt of a history textbook, unknown author

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oso - Tirpitz (battleship, Bismarck class)

Kara - Scharnhorst (battleship, Scharnhorst class)