Chapter 11

"Holy SHIT!" I almost screamed as I sprung up from the bed.

"Ughhhhh, I told you," Zola said under her breath as she rolled over and shoved her pillow over her ears.

"Zola, where's my phone?!" I demanded.

"In your purse, on the counter," she said, muffled under the pillow. I was on the inside of the couch bed so I climbed over the side of the L-shaped couch and rushed to the counter. My purse was there, but so was the plastic bag, only making me hurry more. I checked my phone, it was only 8:30 am. That's when Sophie came annoyed out of my room, holding her hand to her head. She must have heard my screeching.

"Is everything ok?" she asked.

"Asprin's in the thin cabinet," I said without hesitation as I scrolled through my phone. Tyler, there you are.

Me: hey im soooo sorry for last night

Tyler: haha ive been expecting a text from you

Me: about everything. i was drunk.

Tyler: you dont have to explain. i get it.

Me: ur amazing. truly.

Tyler: yup, id say you had one too many of those last night

Me: wow.

Me: i guess i had that coming

Tyler: yes. yes you did.

Now that that was settled, I could breathe once again. Meanwhile, Sophie had hunkered down next to Zola on the couch and Zola was telling her all about last night. Sophie was laughing her ass off. I grabbed some aspirin and water as well and walked over to sit down with them. I couldn't help but laugh when Zola got to the part about the condoms.

"Wow, we are a mess," I stated the obvious after looking at us all in our outfits from last night with makeup smeared all over our faces.

"I second that," said Zola.

"Let's get cleaned up and we'll walk over to the diner," I suggested. Sophie's eyes shot open at the thought.

"Hangover food, I'm in," she said excitedly.

"Food of any kind, I'm in," Zola followed. We wiped off all of our makeup, took off our bras, and got into pj's, the best outfit for the morning after. The walk to the diner seemed farther than usual, so when we got there we crashed into a booth. I wasn't worried about it being Frankie's section that morning cause I knew she would find her way to us. And I was right.

"Hello ladies, lovely morning isn't it?" Frankie joked around, obviously aware of our poor state. Zola picked up a menu but I stole it right out of her hand and put it back.

"Hot coffee's around. Stack of pancakes for all of us and a big plate of bacon for the table please," I ordered, so hunched over my head was almost on the table. Sophie and Zola were across from me and Sophie was practically sleeping on Zola's shoulder. Zola was still giving me 'the look' for stealing her menu. "It's for the greater good," I told Zola. That didn't cure her expression.

"You got it," Frankie said, giggling and putting her order book back in her apron. As soon as she walked away, the questions commenced.

"Did you really steal his condoms?" Sophie asked while sitting up.

"I borrowed them," I answered, annoyance in my voice.

"You are so in love with that boy," Zola added.

"I'm not in love with him, I barely know him."

"Yeah, ok..." Zola responded in sarcasm. Our coffees came and we all started to pour in cream and sugar as we liked it. And that's when he showed up.

"Um, hey," said Aiden from last night. He scared me so bad I nearly spilled my coffee.

"Um, hello," I replied. He was standing at the end of our booth and I could see his friends at a table across the room all hyped up. I only hoped for one thing. Please let me not be his first hook up. I could also see Frankie leaning on the counter and watching this with an amused look on her face. When we made eye contact she gave me the 'and who's this?  but in a teasing way look. I stood up and grabbed Aiden by the arm.

"Can we talk over here for a minute?" I whispered and pulled him to the corner.

"I had a lot of fun last night," he said. Oh boy.

"Aiden, I'm going to ask you something very straight up, and I would really love it if you could be honest with me," I began.

"Ok," he said, looking worried.

"Had you ever, um," I cleared my throat. "Had you ever hooked up with anyone before me?" I continued, being as quiet as possible.

He laughed.

"Yes, of course," he said in between chuckles. "Why would you think I hadn't?" he asked.

"Well, there's a group of what I am assuming are your friends over there," I pointed, "who seem a little over-excited for you to be talking to me. It's not that you look like you never have," I assured him. "You're very handsome in my opinion, you just usually don't see something like that unless it's a first-timer."

"Oh, them? Those are just the boys. See, the thing is, I didn't want to tell you, but I got out of a really serious relationship only a few months ago. Serious as in 2 years," he explained.

"Ooohhhhh," I sighed with relief. "Well, it was nice to see you again, text me," I said and walked away.

When Frankie had her break, we filled her in on our antics last night. She laughed at me too. I also had to explain to them all who Aiden was. We finished our breakfast quickly and I was already starting to feel better. I can't speak for Sophie, though. 

We walked home, a tad bit more energized, and decided we were going to go to the beach. We got changed into our bathing suits: Me in a white one-piece with a mesh middle and t-shirt; Zola in a green bikini top, black bottoms and jean shorts; and Sophie in a blue bikini and some Nike shorts. We each carried our beach chairs and towels and I also carried a cooler. Important Note: the cooler carried water and snacks, DEFINITELY no alcohol.