Chapter 7

The guest house had a whole wall of floor to ceiling windows. That wall is also where you would find the sliding doors to enter. I walked back to the guest house through the sliding doors. I told Tyler that I was going to get a quick shower and also get changed. I also mentioned that there were sodas in the fridge. When I went into the bathroom to get a shower, I left my room door open just a smidge.

I turned on the shower and got undressed. I didn't want to wash my hair, so I put it up in a bun and got into the nice hot shower. After I was done with my shower, I put on my orange triangle bikini after what felt like forever trying to decide. I also dug out this cute tie-up skirt for the beach that I stole from Zola. Good thing I spent a considerable amount of time tanning already or my tan lines would be horrid. I also came to the conclusion that I only really needed the thin skirt because the beach was a few steps away.

I walked out of my room and Tyler was still just sitting on the couch, looking at his phone. When he realized I came out of my room, he stood up immediately.

"Wow, you look..."

"Beach ready?" I asked, finishing his sentence for him.

"Yeah," he said.

"In that closet are some beach chairs and towels if you want to grab them?" I said, already on my way to the fridge. "I'm gonna get some seltzers for me. Do you want some of these or are you a beer kind of guy?"

"You're bringing alcohol?"

"Yeah, why? Do you not drink?" I curiously turned around to look at him. He was grabbing the chairs just as I asked.

"I do, I just didn't think we were bringing some to the beach. How did you even get those passed your mum?"

"It's surprisingly easy when you're not living in the same building," I laughed. "You don't have to have any, obviously. I just thought we could bring some in case we get in the mood." After I said that, I realized I sort of sounded like an alcoholic.

"Ok," he chucked. "And I'm a beer guy."

Once we had everything, we headed down to the beach. The sand was really hot, and since I wasn't wearing shoes, it burned for a few seconds when we first stepped foot. Tyler was carrying both of the chairs and the cooler and I had my backpack and the towels. We weren't sure where to sit, so we walked around for a few minutes to find the perfect spot. I told him about my preference of sitting near the water so the waves cool my feet.

"Same, actually," he responded to my explanation of seating arrangements.

I looked up at him, not fooled by his tricks. "You only said that so I could sit where I wanted," I accused.

"Maybe..." he laughed. "But we can sit here."

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course," he said. Tyler handed me the cooler and started setting up the chairs. I set the cooler up between the chairs and started laying out my towel. I handed him his towel and he hung it on the back of his chair.

It was the epitome of a beautiful day. The wind was just breezy enough to cool you down, but not strong enough that it would interfere with your music if you had earbuds in. The sun was warming, but not overly hot. And the waves were a perfect size. They wouldn't wipe you out but had a fun game of over-under in store.

I went to check the water temperature as soon as we got set up. It was cold but after a second, quite refreshing. I stood with my toes in the water and it was like there was nothing wrong in the world. Then I remembered there was a really cute boy at the beach with me and I was a ball of nerves. I went back to our seats after a few minutes and Tyler asked me how the water was.