Faded Forever

Willowkit and Minnowkit whispered a few words to each other before stepping forward.

"She shall be named Featherkit as a family's relationship should be beautiful and light like a feather." They spoke, giving the newly named Featherkit a lick on the head.

"Those are beautiful names." Silverstream choked, her voice thick with emotion.

"It is time." Willowbreeze spoke solemnly, stepping forward to stand next to her two smaller kits.

Silverstream let out a soft whimper, burying her face in Willowbreeze's soft neck fur. She then stepped back.

"I love you!" She said to her family. They started at each other, anguish and grief shone in their eyes.

Then Minnowkit touched her nose to Featherkit's pelt. A bright flash of light burst from the spot Minnowkit had touched and the kit's flank started rising up and down slightly.

Silverstream watched the cats surrounding her kits and saw Cinderpelt's face light up in delight and shock as the small light gray kit started breathing again.

Next, Willowkit padded up to Stormkit. Like her sister she pushed her nose into Stormkit's pelt. The same bright flash of light blinded Silverstream for a few heartbeats.

The dark gray tom's flank shuddered then started breathing rhythmically. More cries of amazement and joy rose from the cats surrounding them.

Then Willowbreeze stepped forward and touched her nose to Silverstream's bloodied fur. The spirit of Silverstream closed her eyes as a blinding flash of light ripple from the spot Willowbreeze had touched.

Silverstream watched herself slowly begin to breathe again. "We only have a few more moments dear." Her mother gently said, licking her daughter on the ear.

Silverstream burned to her sisters first, "I wish we could have grown up together." She whispered, "I love you."

"We love you too" They meowed and pressed themselves against their sister one last time.

Then she turned to her mother, "I love you Willowbreeze, I will always remember you." Silverstream's mother licked her head like she was still a small kit, "I love you so much Silverstream."

Then they all pressed close together one last time then they pulled apart. Willowbreeze and her two kits went to stand in front of Silverstream. A tension began to build in the air around them and their pelts began to crackle with energy.

Then, Silverstream's family began to slowly fade, getting fainter and fainter until there were only three sets of eyes left, two amber, one blue. "We love you!" They whispered one more time before fading forever.