Chapter 2

I arrive at my moms house and pull up into her driveway. She opens the door as I get my stuff out of my car.

"Hey sweetheart, how have you been?" She asks as I walk up to her.

"I've been good", I give her a quick hug and we go inside.

"I have the guest room ready upstairs if you want to put your stuff up there," She adds as she walks to the kitchen.

"Okay, thanks," I head up the stairs and walk in the room.

I toss my suitcase at the end of the bed and plop down. A few minutes later my mom comes in.

"I made lunch if you want to eat something," I head down with her and eat.

"So," She says swallowing. "Have you kept in touch with Miles?" She asks.

I should have seen this coming. After I left for college and Miles became old enough to manage the Fairchild business himself, I helped my mom find a place to live. I didn't tell her about us breaking up until I visited a few months after I started school. She was pretty upset because she actually liked Miles.

"Uh, no I haven't seen him since we left," I say, picking at my food.

"Well you know he still lives at the estate just outside of town if you want to pay him a visit?"

"That... would be kinda awkward, I don't know," I say biting my lip.

She only shrugs with a small smile on her face. "I sometimes see him in town with his friends, I think they live at the manor too. And Flora, grown up from the last time you saw her.

I think of Flora again. Such a nice girl. It would be nice to see her again.

After lunch I tell my mom that I am going to go explore the town since it is much bigger and has probably changed a lot. I drive out and stop at a new vinyl store that wasn't there before.

I go inside. It quite big and lots of selection. I get excited and look around. After a while a large group must have came in because the bell hanging above the door kept ringing and I heard a lot of voices. Some of them seemed familiar. I couldn't see over the bookshelf's but kept looking at vinyl's. I hear someone's footsteps come closer to where I am, then they stop.

"y/n?"

I freeze as I hear Miles voice behind me. I turn slowly and face him. He is staring straight into my soul. I can't help but notice how gorgeous he is. I forgot what he looks like in real life. His curly hair framed around his face. And the freckles that are lightly dusted across the bridge of his nose. My thoughts are interrupted as Jack walks up behind Miles.

"Yo wha-," He stops mid-sentence. "y/n? Is that you?" He says bumping Miles shoulder as he comes to me and gives me a hug.

"How have you been? It's been a while," He says smiling at me.

"Oh uh yeah, I'm good," He nods looking back at Miles who is still just staring.

"Um, well you know what?, you should come to the manor for dinner, I know Flora misses you a lot", He adds.

"Oh, I mean I don't want to intrude or anything," I say with a small hand gesture.

"Yes, you should, it's not a problem", Miles intervenes. Jack looks back at him and shrugs.

"Then it is settled, you can come back with us," He leaves and calls over the others.

"Oh my gosh y/n!" Millie squeals and hugs me tight. "I have missed seeing you so much,"

Jaeden, Wyatt, Sadie and Sophia come back with Jack. They hug me and ask me how it is been.

We all leave and drive to the Manor. Sadie, Millie and Sophia decided to ride with me.

"We all live there now and work with Miles," Millie says filling me in everything she can. "Also your room hasn't been touched, still looks the same,"

I furrow my eyebrows. "Really? I thought it would have been cleaned out,"

She shakes her head. "Nope, Miles didn't want it to be,"

~

Once we arrive and go inside everyone else is in the living area. Flora sees me and her eyes go wide.

"y/n!" She runs up to me and I crouch a little to hug her. "I missed you so much, but not just me, he did too,"

I don't have time to think of what Flora says because other people greet me. Summer gives me a small wave as she walks over to Miles.

Flora wants to give me another tour to show me where everyone else's rooms are. Once we reach the hallway were her room is, she shows me what's changed. I then wander farther down, past Miles door to mine. I push the door open and look inside. It hasn't changed at all. I walk around observing everything as memories flow back through my mind. There is a knock on the doorframe. I turn and see Miles leaning against it with his hands in his pockets.

I set what I am holding in my hand down.

"Hi," He says.

"Hi," I reply. We stand in silence.

"I, uh dinner is going to be ready soon, I wanted to let you know", He says going to leave.

"Thanks," I say.

"What?"

I gesture to the room. "Keeping it the same", I say.

He gives me a small smile, nodding.