Chapter Nine

"Welcome to Kings Landing, Lady Arryn," the small man said, smiling at the girl.

Lillia smiled as she brushed a blond curl out of her face, "Thank you Lord Tyrion... but I am not Lady Arryn. Just Lillia. Lady Arryn is my mother."

Tyrion smiled at the girl and held out his hand for her which she took before he pressed a kiss to her knuckles, "Very well Lady Lillia. I am here to escort you to your chambers. I hope you do not mind but you will be sleeping across the hall from Prince Tommen. Princess Myrcella is in Dorne at present but when she does return home, she will be sleeping across from you as well."

Lillia nodded as she reached down and grabbed her two small bags before following the man and his squire toward the manor. The hallways were not that much different from Highgarden, the hallways full of light from outside but here, the light was less foresty and fresh and more golden like the blaring sun above.

When Tyrion finally led the girl to her room, the man bowed before leaving her to her things.

"Thank you, Lord Tyrion," The girl called after him and the man turned to smile at her.

"Just call me Tyrion." Tyrion said smiling before heading off.

When Lillia slipped into her new room, she stared around in awe. A lovely bedroom with cream-colored walls, a few tapestries covering the walls, each of the tapestries floral or nature scenes, giving the room a gentle feel. There were two small windows across from the door with one large bay window between with a window seat. To the left was a door that led into the washroom and to the far-left corner was a small writing desk below one of the small windows. Directly to the left opposite the desk was a vanity desk. To the right of the door was a large four poster bed with lacy white curtains that were almost transparent, the sheets of the bed being a pale cream color.

Lillia set her bags on the bench at the end of the bed and walked to the large bay window to look down at the harbor. She opened the windows, and the warm sun flooded the room.

Lillia jumped slightly when there came a knock at her door. Walking over, she opened the door a crack and peeked out, only to find a small boy standing there. He couldn't have been more than a year younger than Lillia, still short for a fourteen-year-old boy. His hair was a bright blond and his big blue eyes looked at her shyly.

"Hello," Lillia said, opening the door wider.

The boy beamed at her when he heard her gentle voice before holding out his hand, "I'm Tommen... oh! Sorry!" He said, hastily moving his hand to bow but Lillia beat him to it, shaking his hand.

"I prefer shaking hands," Lillia told him, smiling when the boy eagerly shook her hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you Prince Tommen. I am Lillia Arryn."

Tommen nodded, "My mother told me that you would be staying with us... at least until you find a husband... but I hope you never find one. I haven't had any friends since Myrcella left for Dorne... I'm sorry! That was rude..."

Lillia chuckled at the way the boy stuttered out every one of his thoughts, "It's alright. I honestly have no intention of finding a husband soon. And I would love to be your friend Tommen."

That was just the beginning of an innocent friendship between two brokenhearted persons.

*******

Lillia knocked gently on the door, hoping that she hadn't interrupted anything. She had only caught a quick glimpse of Jaime Lannister when she had been on a stroll with Tyrion and they had happened upon Jaime just as he had entered his bedchamber. He looked a sight, covered in mud, one hand missing and a look of urgent desperation in his eyes.