Nine

Evelyn kept glancing back at Jojen, waiting for the boy to go into a trance all of a sudden without warning and she wanted to be ready to catch him should he fall. The boy was recovering quickly considering that the only thing keeping his wounds from killing him again was Lady's death.

"To be honest," Jojen told her, "I never dreamt of this place, nor you... or even my resurrection. I saw things that never came to pass but now that I think about it, I wonder if those things will occur, just not yet. It was like my visions wer blocked... by the fog of death."

Evelyn nodded in agreement, "no one truly knows what will happen to them after they die.... Or after they come back to life. What were some of the things you saw that did not come to pass? Or is that confidential information?"

Jojen chuckled and shook his head, "not to the elementals. The things I see are vague and could mean multiple things but from what I can gather, there will be a fleet of dragons fighting the evil one... and at their head is a dragon of pure gold that will vanquish the stone hearted dragon queen usurper."

"Daenerys," Evelyn mumbled, earning herself a nod from Jojen.

"I do not know how or when this will come to pass but it is not too far off... and there is one other thing that I keep seeing," the boy explained. "A girl... a child more like with curls as black as raven's wings but skin a faded pale shade of cocoa. She never speaks a word in my dreams and I never see her surroundings but she is there, just staring at me like a ghost."

Evelyn at first thought that the boy had seen Nanteza but the girl's hair was brown, not black. "Perhaps she is not a ghost but... she has not yet been born. You said so yourself that she was a child so perhaps she will be born in the years to come."

Jojen smiled, "You are very insightful Lady Stark. I can see why Bran looked up to you so much."

Evelyn smiled at his words before she stopped in front of one of the huts that had the appearance of a smithy shop. A young boy who looked in his early teens stood hammering a horse shoe carefully outside.

"Why don't you go on without me?" Evelyn asked Jojen, "I have a few things I need to do."

The boy nodded and went off to explore on his own while Evelyn approached the young boy, "hello there." she greeted. "Do you think you could make something for me?"

The boy looked at her shyly from under a headful of golden curls, his green eyes looking strangely familiar.

"MY pa is a better smithy than I am. He is Izac. I'm just learning." The boy explained.

Evelyn smiled, "I understand, but I would really like you to make it for me. I promise that I am not looking for perfection."

The boy pondered this, chewing his bottom lip and shifting from one foot to the other, "Okay... I'll try. I am Camron by the way. What would you like me to make?"

Evelyn pulled a sheet of paper from her smock pocket and handed it to the boy. "Thank you Camron. Hey look like this but about the size of your palm."

The lad studied the sketches before he nodded, "Small things take longer but I can try my lady."

The girl beamed, "Just call me Evelyn. Thank you Camron. I will come by to see how they are going in a few days. Pray tell, do you happen to know where the Temple of Earth is?"

The boy turned and pointed up at one of the mountains that flanked the valley. "Up near the top is a giant tree. You cannot miss it. though, it has been empty for years and no one has been able to enter since Varsha disappeared."

Evelyn nodded, "Thank you young sir. I will keep that in mind."

As the girl headed off, she wondered if Varsha would appear when she reached the temple just like how Brisingr and Audra had. It was a stretch and just a hope in the back of her mind at that but she could not leave the valley until she had learnt the secret of the earth. The trek up the mountain was not that difficult since there was a small worn path that went up the side of the mountain. When Evelyn reached the halfway point, she found the tree. Camron was right, it was enormous, possibly forty feet in diameter not to mention that it was twice as tall as any tree Evelyn had seen.