Character Development

Not every character will act the exact same. Make sure to really get the difference between them in there. I personally struggle with humour - I have a really shitty and weird sense of humour and that rubs off onto  a l l  of my characters. It really irritates me, even though I'm the one writing it; k can't get the difference between two people.

People have unique senses of humour and therefore will find different things funny, even if they share a lot of those things with another person. The reason why it's so important is that it's a big part of someone's personality and if they're all the same it's like the characters are all the same.

Remember that some people are shy, some are outgoing, or rude, or defensive, open, cold, weak, loving, funny and so on and so on. No matter how similar we need some difference.

Another point to make is trauma (I'll leave a warning now and say that's what the next chapter it about), it can really effect a person and how they react to things. I take psychology, I suffer with some issues myself and have worked on helping people in that department, so I know that the reactions some people have can really tell you about their childhood. I actually find that really sad about some characters, because not everyone sees it but their actions speak a thousand words, it's a big challenge to get that right but diversity and accuracy is important - especially with certain characters.