Chapter 6

Copyright Joanna Bock All Rights Reserved

Chapter 6

Shayla

It had been days and Shayla still hadn’t said more than two words to anyone.

She wanted to feel Jace’s warmth pressed against her in the night but she couldn’t stop the feeling he had lied to her.

“Shay you have to snap out of this.”

“I know.”

“Alright then if you know when are you going to do it, He isn’t worth your time girl, he lied to you, I don’t know how but he did, you said so yourself.”

Shayla turned and looked at Amy, she didn’t speck only gave her friend a sad attempted at a smile.

She turned back to the window where she had spent most of her time.

The big bay window was one of her favourite places to sit, she had climbed out of bed on many warm nights to watch the moon or just to read hidden there behind the long black out curtain’s hiding away from the world- like now expect Amy who wouldn’t leave her alone.

“Shayla you cant do this, I won’t let you, do you hear me!”

Amy stamped a foot making Shayla smile, she didn’t look in fear that Amy would persist, knowing she had chipped the ice that covered the heart that threatened to shatter within Shayla’s chest.

She knew she wanted Jace, but how much hadn’t become apparent until she was alone on that first night.

Shayla closed her eyes biting the inside of her cheek for a distraction as his image filled her mind.

Tears threatened to spill for the thousandth time that week.

9 days gone and she hurt like someone had slashed into her soul and torn away her very being.

There was nothing else in the world except her pain and loss, nothing she wanted to believe in anyway.

“Right Shayla I have had enough of this he did this and you shouldn’t pay for it, now get dressed.”

Amy huffed throwing a little jade green dress at her.

“No I__”

“Don’t want to? Tuff Shay, I don’t care, now go and shower and get dressed.”

Jace

The noise hurt his ears but Jace knew he couldn’t sit on the floor forever.

It had taken him three days to peal himself of it and shower let alone actually taking his sorry ass back to his apartment in the city.

He still hadn’t brought himself around to the idea of going back to School, he was pretty sure his professor’s would be pretty pissed at him by now, since he was on his final year of his Bachelor of Science degree, but he didn’t care,

None of it mattered now, not without her.

Oh god not here, not now. He thought.