02

ninya's POV

After we chat a little, we decided to go home because they still need to practice for tomorrow also it was getting kinda late.

"Thank you noona!" Jisung said as he hugged me and get to their car

"Thank you ninya," everyone said as they follow jisung

"What are you gonna do now?" Jaemin asked

"I'll finish my paper works, then I'm planning to apply for a job."

"You'll work here?" jaemin replied with a surprised look

"yeah, I can't just stay at home and wait for the money to come," I said

"Go already they're waiting for you" I waved my hand and watch them leave.

🦋

jaemin

jaemin:
u free today?

ninya:
yea, why?

jaemin:
I'm at your house

ninya:
wait I'll go down
read  11:52

As soon as I read the message, I go downstairs to open the door for him.

"What are you doing here at this hour?!" I shout to him

"You! Why are you still awake?" Jaemin playfully replied as I rolled my eyes, well, he had a point

"Let's have a beer at the playground," he said looking so worried

I wear my slippers and followed him to the playground near our house. He doesn't drink if there's no occasion, maybe he had something to talk about.

"so why did you come here? what if people notice you?" I said as I open my can of beer

"I'm worried, about our debut" he replied as he look at the sky.

"ya! You practice for 4 years to be on this, you should be happy" I convinced him as I can.

"What if It doesn't work?"

"dude, you're all great, just wait for some months and you'll be successful, it's going to be fine"

"How about you? Do you find any job?" He asked.

I got surprised by the sudden question that I almost choke my beer. "No, I haven't been accepted to anything saying I do not have any experience, which is the fact"

"Why don't you say that you're the daughter of Mr. Kang, one of the biggest CEO in the country," he said before glancing at me

"I don't want to get hired because of my dad's name, I think it's best if it's because of my skill," I said convincing him.

"Then audition to our company, be an idol. It's your field right?" He said.

"I don't want that"

FLASHBACK

As soon as I entered the school, all eyes are on me. I don't know what happened to receive that kind of stare from the student.

"I heard ninya got an invitation to study abroad because he passed the score needed, is that true?"

"I don't think so"

"It's because her dad is Mr. Kang, what if they paid money to get their daughter there"

That's what I heard when I walk into the hallway going to my room.

"Are you okay?" Jaemin asked

After noticing that I haven't said anything, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the rooftop.

At the rooftop

"you heard them?" He asked without looking at me. "They said you got accepted because of your dad"

"so what? there's nothing new about it" I replied with a sarcastic tone.

"What are you gonna do now?"

"I won't accept it"

he looked at me "It's one of the biggest schools in the world, as soon as you entered that school, a lot of company will cast you to be an idol" Jaemin said while explaining this to me.

"I don't want to, I'll stay here," I said and walk out from the rooftop and head directly to my first class.

END OF FLASHBACK

"You graduated with a degree in performing arts but you won't use it?"

"Yeah, I still have my brain. I can live with this" I replied

We talked about a lot of things. This is our first deep conversation after a long time. We both finished 2 cans of beer while enjoying the night breeze outside.

"I'll head back to the company, I didn't ask our manager for permission," he said while standing up and heading somewhere.

"this kid" I mumbled.

I search to look for a car but it looks like he just walks from the company

"It's pretty late, I'll drive you there," I said offering a ride

We walk for a little and reach my house, I get the keys and start the engine. The whole ride was so quiet because he just sleep while leaning his head on the window glass.

t b c