Former Vampiress Saved By A Hybrid

Summary: Set after VD S8, but she's human because she never died of old age, and Tyler was never killed when Damon was under Sybil's influence or had his humanity off. When an old werewolf enemy named Axel finds and attacks human Kat in the woods, will Tyler save her? If so, what will ensue between the two of them?

It was a dismal night, as a human Kat lay in the woods, injured. She was still aware, but was starting to lose her senses, as she lay there in darkness. She was being attacked. She knew if she didn't get helped soon, Axel would win. He'd get his revenge. She couldn't move anymore, though. She could only hope for someone to find her in time.

Tyler Lockwood was in his werewolf form, running around the woods, when he sensed a human Katherine. It was mixed with blood and werewolf, which made him assume that she was or had been attacked by a wolf. He knew she didn't deserve that, so he raced towards the scents to save her life.

Once he saw the scene, he sunk his teeth into the russet wolf's neck and tossed him off of her. Then, when it got to his paws, the black wolf stood between them, protecting her from him. Then Tyler saw the necklace, making him assume he was different, as the russet wolf growled at him. Then it lunged at him, but Tyler was stronger, being a hybrid, and pinned him down. Then he broke the necklace by stepping on it, making the wolf now fearful. Then Tyler let him up, which was when it fled.

After a moment, the black wolf turned around and looked at her. He could see that she'd lost a lot of blood from her injuries. She was also pale and didn't seem to be awake. Hoping he could wake her up, he whined and gently nudged her with his nose. When he did, she did groan some, but didn't wake up. Since he couldn't help her while in his wolf form though, he stepped back and phased out of his wolf form.

"Katherine, can you hear me?" he called, as he knelt by her. "I need you to hold on." He then got to his feet with her in his arms, blurring to the hospital.

When Katherine woke up, she found herself in a hospital, oddly enough, Tyler seated by her bed in a chair. She could feel where she'd been bandaged at and wished she could be healed with vampire blood, but knew she couldn't.

"Tyler?" she questioned. Then, after a moment, "You saved me. Why?"

"Well, no one deserves that. Not even you," he answered her, letting her take her time. He knew it would be a while until she fully recovered from the attack.

"Thank you," she replied, which shocked him, having never heard that from her before.

"You're welcome. Just get some rest," he replied, but didn't leave.

"Where's Axel?" she asked him.

"That werewolf? I smashed his necklace and scared him off," he informed her.

"Good," she replied. "He's an old enemy. He's only alive because of the necklace, but since it's smashed, if we're lucky, time will catch up with him. I was a foolish vampire when I was young. I pretty much killed his pack, but left him alive, because I don't normally kill children," she informed him. "Be careful just in case, though."

"Just be glad that I was there to save you after vampire you did so much damage," he replied.

"And I am. I can't take everything back, but I didn't always have my humanity on. I think we can agree that I did some people a favor, though. Caroline became a better person, because of her vampirism. I have to admit though, I only made you trigger the wolf in you, because Damon killed your uncle. Despite what he thought, I was going to allow Klaus to use him in that ritual. But Damon being himself, ruined my setup for Klaus. I knew what he was going to plan once he came to town, which I knew had to be some time soon. If I knew about a doppelganger, then Klaus had to know as well. And yes, deep down, I did feel bad about Elena's aunt, but I was just trying to survive as to not be used in the ritual. And this time, I can say I'm actually telling the truth. I just lived a vampire life like that so long, I didn't know how not to a lot. When you lose everyone you love one way or another, you tend to lose yourself when you've been running from enemies so long. I can say that being turned into a human again might suck, but at least I'm myself again," she truthfully told him.

"Well, thanks for the honesty then," he replied. He knew her story a little bit, but he'd never pondered on why she did horrible things. But then again, he hadn't led the life she had. Although, he could somewhat understand after his mother had been killed so long ago. Deciding that she wasn't so bad as a human though, he decided it would be worth protecting her. If she had enemies like Axel that weren't afraid to kill her or try to kill her, she was in need of a supernatural bodyguard. One that wasn't so easily killed. "I know you haven't asked, but I think I'd be up for the challenge of protecting you. You can stay at the mansion with me," he offered.

She gave a smile at that, thankful for his sudden change in thought about her. Apparently, he didn't see her as all that bad as a human, which she was thankful for. She'd never known him to be generous to people like her before.

"I'd love that."

After she recovered and was able to leave the hospital, she stayed with him at the Lockwood mansion and, about a few months later, they fell in love.