VD/TW-ish: His Saver (Tyatherine)

Summary: Set in S5, when she's a human on her own, as well as TW before Kate went back to Beacon Hills. When Tyler gets shot by Kate and scratched by a kanima, can she save him? If so, what will ensue?

It was a nebulous night, as Kat walked through the woods. She'd been on her own, trying to be human. Along the way, she'd found what humanity of hers was left.

Suddenly, from a distance, she heard familiar sounds. For some reason, it was out of Beacon Hills. She then heard some gunshots. She assumed someone was hunting the kanima, but she had to double check.

When she arrived at the scene, the kanima had scratched and somewhat bitten Tyler, and crazy Kate Argent was shooting a million bullets at it. She noticed that Tyler had been shot at by her, as well. She could see him on his back, not healing. She knew she had to help him. People still cared about him, after all. And she couldn't allow Kate to hurt of kill another somewhat innocent wolf. Or, in this case, half wolf.

She came from behind a tree and rushed over to him. She then knelt by him, a hand on his arm.

"What did you get yourself into this time, kid?" she inquired, even though she knew he couldn't speak, much less move yet. Then, when she looked at the crazy Argent sister, she saw a gun being pointed at her.

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard shots. I live in town. Look, you don't want to do this. I know you're like your father. You see wolves in black and white. He's more than a wolf. Not to mention, he has powerful friends and allies. I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to kill him," Kat explained and tried to reason with her.

As the hunteress thought about it, Kat noticed the kanima behind her. Then she saw its tail wrap around her leg, making Kate fall to the ground. Then, as it raised its clawed paw, Kat grabbed the lost rifle. She then shot it dead, before tossing the gun towards her.

"You're welcome. Now, leave before something else tries to kill you." She then knelt by Tyler again, as Kate left. She could see the venom wearing off, but since he wasn't healing, she assumed there was wolfsbane in him.

"Katherine?" he inquired.

"Don't worry. I'm here to help," she assured him. "Let's get you back to your car. Then we'll go from there."

She helped him to his feet, an arm around him, and headed to where he told her his SUV was.

By the time she got him into the passenger seat, he'd lost a lot of blood. She knew he was weak. She could also feel him burning up. She took her jacket off, applying pressure to his lower stomach wound.

"Stay with me," she called to him, trying to keep him awake. She then used her free hand to grab the kit and open it, starting to tend to his wounds, as well as pull out the wolfsbane bullets. Thankfully, nearly everyone that knew of or were supernatural beings in this town had a first-aid kit in their vehicles.

About twenty minutes later, she'd gotten the bullets out and his wounds tended to, but he was quite pale from the blood loss, as well as very weak. She was afraid some wolfsbane could still be in him, though.

She rested a hand on the side of his face.

"Tyler," she called to him. "Hey." She patted the side of his face. "Stay with me, Tyler," she called, trying to do everything in her human abilities to keep him awake. Since there'd been so much blood loss though, it was getting harder to keep him awake. That and there was probably still some wolfsbane in his system.

The hybrid found himself in the back of his SUV, vision blurry. He blurrily saw her at his side, and it felt like there was an ivy in his arm. He was still weak, warm, and trying not to die. He knew she was trying to save his life from the hunter's wolfsbane bullets. He felt like it was getting worst, though. He felt like he was dying. He was impressed at how much she cared, though.

Kat had stopped by the hospital, so she'd been in the back of his SUV with him for a while. She'd gotten the cure in him, so she'd been working on getting his blood restored. She hadn't been able to keep him awake though, and from the portable machines, she knew his pulse was weak, while his breathing was labored.

"Stay with me, Tyler. I'm not letting you die. You hear me? You aren't dying tonight. Not on my watch. Keep breathing for me," she called, a hand on the side of his face, the other keeping the breathing mask on him.

After a while, he woke up in his bed at home, feeling like himself again. He wasn't warm, weak, or dying anymore.

She left the chair that was by the bed to sit on his bedside.

"I figured out the right blood for you. I saved you. In case you don't remember."

She gave a smile.

He sat up in bed.

"How'd you know all of that?"

"In my past life, I learned how to help people from my mother. Until now, I never needed to act on it."

"Why help me? You could've just left."

"Because you don't deserve to die. Especially, like that."

"Thank you, then."

"You're welcome."

They gave a smile at each other.

A moment later, without knowing why, they began to kiss.