Chapter 4: Be Our Guest

The staff are excited as they scramble to get ready for dinner. Judith, one of the younger teacups, rides her saucer around like a skateboard. She circles her teapot caretaker, Carol.

" Carol! There's a beautiful girl in the castle!" Judith shouts.

" Yes, Judith. We know. So, please, slow down." Carol tries to instruct but chuckles at Judith's adorableness.

" Is she nice? Does she like tea? What kind of tea does she like?" Judith continues rolling around on her saucer.

" We'll find out soon enough. Slow down before you break a handle!" Carol grins when Judith comes to a stop next to her.

" Heads up, Carol!" The chef, the stove, grabs a cup of boiling hot water and pours it into Carol's lid. She relaxes and prepares for dinner.

                                                                               ---------------------------------

The doors to the dining room come crashing open and the beast stops inside. His long brown tail sways behind him and he plops himself at the head of the table. He looks at his place setting, taking note that the staff decided to use their best tableware for the evening. He lifts his head and looks at the other end of the table, dishes set out but nom one sits there. When he notices the romantic candles placed around the room, he swats the silverware off the table in anger.

"GLENN!!!, HERSHEL!!!!" Carl howls.

Glenn and Hershel, who are in kitchen, jump at the call of their names.

" Oh..." Hershel said worriedly 

" Be calm! Let me do the talking." Glenn tries to defend.

The kitchen door swings open and the brown hair beast marches in, his blue eyes looked over the assembled staff. Glenn is a good liar as Hershel is not.

" YOU'RE MAKING HER DINNER?!" Carl growls.

" We thought you might appreciate the company." Glenn says nervously.

" Carl, I can assure you I had no part in this hopeless plan. Preparing a dinner, designing a dress for her, giving her a room in the east wing-" Hershel started.

" YOU GAVE HER A BEDROOM?!" Carl's ferocity only increased. Cornered by Carl, Hershel had no choice but to...

" No, no. Glenn gave her a bedroom." Hershel Pointed at Glenn and immediately regretted it.

" this is true. But if the girl is the one who can break the spell, maybe you can start by using dinner to charm her!" Glenn turns to Hershel. " Good thinking Hershel!"

" What?!" Hershel shouts back.

" That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. 'Charm the prisoner.'" Carl rolled his eyes.

" But you have to try, Carl. With every passing day, we become less human." Glenn's eyes grow sad.

" She's the daughter of a common thief. What kind of person do you think that makes her?" Carl asks them.

" Oh, you can't judge people by who their father is can you?" Carol says sternly.

                                                                       --------------------------------------------

Carl uses his large paw to knock on the door twice. He stands at Y/N's door with the servants standing behind him as aid.

" You will join me for dinner! That's not a request." He demands.