Chapter 8: Go To Him

Ron's POV

As Tom, Dick, and Stanley pulled a struggling Daryl along with them the while village watched the scene from close up. Then when the carriage came for Daryl, they pushed him in the carriage. " This man is weak. Please! He needs a hospital... not an asylum!" Jesse says desperately trying to change my mind. I ignored her and stood in front of the door. " Have you ever seen the inside of a mad house, Daryl? You wouldn't last a week. Just give me your daughter's hand and I'll set you free." I said.

" Never." Daryl says with determination in his voice. I got anger and slammed the door and yelled, " Take him away!"

A horse with a girl on it's back stopped in it's tracks. " Stop!" Y/N yells. She got off her horse and runs to the carriage. I look to see Y/N in a yellow ball gown. Why is she in a ball gown? Y/N climbs the ledge on the end of the carriage to see her father in the carriage. " Papa." Y/N said. I looked to see Daryl's eyes widen with happiness to see his daughter.

" Let him out! My father's not crazy. Ron, tell him!" Y/N says. I smile and walk to her. " You know how loyal I am to your family... but your father's been making some unbelievable clams." I said to her.

" It's true, Y/N. He's been raving about a beast... in a castle." Henry says to Y/N with a certain tone in his voice. Y/N looks at him with disbelief and looks at the villagers. I've just come the castle and there is a beast!" Y/N said.  

" You say anything to set him free. Your word is hardly proof." I said. Y/N glared at me and holds up a fancy old mirror in her hands. " You want proof? Show me Carl!" Y/N says in the mirror. She turns it around and shows it to the villagers and me. 

" There's your proof." Y/N says with a determined look that showed that she had me beat.

" This is sorcery! Look at this beast! Look at it's fangs! His claws!" I yelled. The villagers backed away in fear. Y/N quickly steps forward and tries to comfort the villagers. " Don't be afraid. He's kind and gentle." Y/N says with a sweet smile.

" The monster has her under his spell! If I didn't know better, I'd say she cared for him!" I yelled out pointing the mirror at Y/N. " His not a monster, Ron. You are! Carl wouldn't hurt anyone." Y/N says anger laced in her voice. " I've heard the effects of dark magic... but I've never before seen it with my own eyes! This is a threat to our very existence! We can have her running off warning the beast. Lock her up to." I say with anger boiling inside of me. " No!" Y/N yells as she gets shoved in the carriage. " Oh, Y/N." Daryl says glad to see his daughter but also sad she is locked in too. I stared at the carriage and felt someone's hand on my shoulder. " Ron, with all due respect..." Noah asked wondering if I was going to calm down.

I turn towards him with a fierce glare. " Do you want to be next? Fetch my horse. Stand guard! Don't let them escape. This creature will curse us all if we don't stop him." I yell out into the crowd that surrounded us. The villagers yelled out in agreement. We grabbed ours tools to kill the beast with. We then started to head to the castle.

                                            -------------------------------------------------------------------

Glenn's POV

As I danced with Maggie I sigh, I was never going to be human again. But Maggie always told me not to feel discouraged. " At least he finally learned to love." I say as I continued to dance with Maggie. I hear Carol sigh and looks over. " Glenn, he's always loved Y/N. Even if he didn't want to admit it." Carol says to me with a gentle reminder. I nod my head in agreement. But Hershel on the other hand was thinking negative about it." A lot of good that does us if she doesn't love him in return." Hershel says, sadness in his voice. Carol rolls her eyes at what Hershel said, he didn't do any good about being negative about it. " No. This is the first time I've had any real hope she would." Carol says. I hear in the distance from outside a horse and I smile automatically. All of the other hear it too and go to check the window. " Did you hear that, Carol? Is she coming back?" Judith says excitedly going towards the window with rest of us. I get up with them and smile. " Could it be?" I ask curious to see Y/N again. I take my candle hand and try as best as I can to rub off the frost. " I told you!" Maggie says happily. I grasp at what I saw. It wasn't Y/N at all. It was invaders. " Oh my god! Invaders!" I yelled out jumping away from the window and onto the floor. The other servants followed suit and went towards the door. " Ruffians!" Carol says disgust in her voice. I see Hershel looking at the ground sadly and hops down from the window. " Well, there you go. So much for turn love. Man the barricades... and hold fast!" Hershel says ordering the servants to block the door from the intruders. " Move aside!" Rick says. We move back and he moves to the door so he can hold it closed.

" We need help." Hershel says going up the stairs. I knew exactly where he went to. He was going to get Carl's help. Good thinking, Hershel!

Y/N's POV 

I look around the carriage and sighed. I needed to find a way out of here so that I can warn Carl of Ron. "I have to warm Carl." I said looking out of the bar window. I look over at Papa, he looks at me like I was crazy. " Warn him? How did you get away from him?" Papa asked curiously. I looked at Papa with a kind smile on m lips. Carl wouldn't ever keep me in the castle under his will, that's why he let me go to save Papa. " He let me go, Papa. He sent me back to you." I said with a certainty in my voice. I tried to think of a way for them to help me, then I remembered that I still have the rose pen from the windmill in Paris. I take it out of my dress and showed it to Papa. Papa looks at me in shock and back down at the rose pen. " I don't understand. Where did you..." Papa asked in pure shock. I looked Papa in his eyes. " He took me there. I know what happened to Mama." I said with certainly in my voice. " Will you help me?" I asked him. Papa nods his head yes. I smile happily at him. He was going to pick the lock. " I could try and pick the lock. After all... it's only gears and springs. But I would need..." Papa says. I realized that he needed something long and sharp. I took a bobby pin out of my bun and it out for Papa to see. " Something long and sharp. Like that. Perfect." Papa says taking the pin from me working on the lock outside of the carriage to unlock us.

Hershel's POV

I was soon out of breath, I looked up to see Carl sitting down looking as sad as ever, " Oh, excuse me, Carl. I'm sorry to disturb you." I say looking at him. I hear Carl sigh an not ever looked at me. " She's not coming back." Carl says sadly. I try to think of a way to cheer him up but I don't think of anything and tell him the truth. " No. They're breaking down the doors!" I said pointing back towards the stairs. Carl just sighs and looks down in disappointment. " Doesn't matter now. Just let them come." Carl says. I sigh and go to join the others.

Glenn's POV

We try to hold the doors closed but the invaders on the other side are a lot stronger than us. I looked around the room trying to think of another way. " This isn't working." Carol yells towards me looking at the doors. Then I come up with a brilliant idea. " I know what to do." I say. Everyone gets into place and stays very still just like house objects. The doors unlock itself and a lot of people come tumbling on the floor. " Are you not least bit concerned... of that this castle might be haunted?" Noah ask curiously looking around the castle. The guy in a red coat is holding the enchanted mirror and looks down at it. " Don't lose your nerve, Noah." Ron says looking up towards the stairs. The other people are looking at the inside of the castle in curiosity.

I knew that look, they felt like they've been here before. " Where are we? This place seems familiar. Like I've been here before." Henry says curiosity peeking up in him. I watch as the other guy walks away from the red coat guy and walks over to the cart with Carol and Judith on it. It was almost time for the ultimate surprise. " Oh, hello, there. You must be the talking teacup. And you must be her... grandmother." Noah says to Carol. I looked to see Carol eyes open up and have the most offended look on his face. " Grandmother? Attack!" Carol yells out to everyone blowing some steam out of her spout.