Nine

Walking to my first class was more difficult than I'd imagined. The small town kids couldn't help but stop and stare at me, and they weren't very helpful when I'd asked for directions.

Apparently the Winchesters were known as recluses, either that or they were thought to be serial killers, a guess that wasn't that far off.

Dean was seen more than Sam, several girls had already stopped me in the hallway to see if he was willing to go for them, which was gross.

I had claimed Sam as my dad whenever I was asked which of the Winchesters was my father, an awkward question at best since I was just barely coming to terms with my own father and I lived with the two men.

Lunch was my only break, and it was quickly becoming my favorite part of the school day. The teachers I'd had so far were teaching me stuff I'd learned years ago.

Also, I wasn't deaf. I heard the whispers about me. I was the leather jacket wearing mystery girl, because although the town was aware of the Winchester brothers, they didn't know much about them.

Several boys had approached me, some more respectful than others, but none of them were walking away with their dignity in tact. Most of them were football players, I knew because that was their leading line, but one boy didn't even try, he simply snuck glances at me from afar.

He was in at least three of my classes, and he had an adorable look of boyish charm on his face. Coarse if Dean ever found out, he'd quote 'rip his lungs out'. I'd had quite the lecture this morning before school about the dangers of high school boys.

Causally leaning against the back of my chair, I ignored the teacher as she droned on about the Pythagorean theorem, a subject I could do in my sleep, and slyly fingered the hidden knife I had in my waistband.

Dean had shown me seams I could cut in my clothing that would make the perfect hiding place for some extra protection. Sam gave me some holy water in a clear water bottle as well as a small silver butterfly knife.

I wanted to bring my wickedly sharp angel blade, but the Winchesters had nixed that idea in a heart beat.

Cas managed to show up right before I was about to leave, giving me pointers on how to keep my wings hidden. Turns out my grace can fold them down into a visible tattoo where the base of my wings would go. The primaries wrapped around my arms and the feathers spanned half my back.

It was meant as a protection against supernaturals, tricking them into thinking it wasn't a real pair of wings, however the tattoo did peak out of my jacket at the back of my neck and the backs of my hands.

Sam had given it an appraising look, while Dean thought it was one of the coolest things he's ever seen.

My grace was happy it was being used after almost two weeks of dormancy. It curled tightly around my muscles, humming with power.

Inwardly I was trying to soothe it when the teacher startled me by calling my name. "Ms. Winchester, would you like to tell the class what it is you're thinking so hard about"

"I'm good, you can continue" I replied sweetly as I could, picking at the chipped wood desk with my fingernails.

"Please pay attention from now on, I'm giving you slack for your first day but we must not make a habit of this" the teacher looked to me pointedly, and once her back was turned, I rolled my eyes.

She didn't scare me one bit, she bored me more than anything, I mean who could compare to my mom in teaching?

Soon a bell released us from school, dismissing us until tomorrow. I slung my backpack over my shoulder as I stood, not wanting to be in the bit- I mean Ms. Roth's class any longer than I needed to.

When I got out to the parking lot, a small crowd had gathered around my motorcycle. I'd found it in the garage and it'd taken me days to convince the boys to let me ride it. I never felt more free, and imagined that's what flying was like.

Freedom.

"Oi, move your butts" I called, drawing the attention of the kids. One boy scoffed, looking me up and down.

"This your bike?" He asked with a sneer.

"No, it just magically appeared here out of thin air" I replied sarcastically, although the thought wasn't impossible, not in my life.

Shoving my way through the group of high schoolers, I swung a leg over the contraption, smirking when I turned in on, much to the shock of the people watching.

Putting on my helmet, a requirement given by one Sam Winchester, I gave them a mock salute before speeding away from the group and to my new home.