🏮| P3: Roadz Callin' 📰 Let's Cook |🏮

Travel like a Commander!

Written by- anupamarrao

Try staycations! Staycations save you a ton of money, especially since you are travelling locally and don't really need to spend a lot of money and time on reserving hotel rooms or pre-booking for events/buying tickets online.

Be Prepared! If travelling by train or airplane, or even on a road trip, bring a travel pillow, earplugs, eye mask, or a comfy jacket/blanket if it suddenly gets chilly when you're ready to doze off.

Pack accordingly! Check the forecast of your destination before your stay. You don't want to be left without an umbrella on a rainy day because you packed a hat and sunglasses. [side note: if going somewhere that has a reputation of having multiple seasons in a day, pack everything! You never know when you'll have to ditch the hat for an umbrella.]

Wear comfy clothes! OK, not your pyjamas... no one likes to see those on a train or flight. Wear that amazing sweatshirt you have worn for the past 10 years, those cozy yoga leggings you never wore while exercising, that free kurta you wear to all the family brunches, that third pair of sneakers you got because you love them so much. We aren't Kangana to rock a saree and high heels at the airport!

Power up! Always bring a power bank and charger. In that bag, you'll be carrying.

NO to Social Media. I know it is very tempting to post that picture of your boarding pass or you at the airport, but you're just offering malicious people the info they want. Since they know you aren't at home, it's easier for them to sneak in and out of your house while you are away. Don't let that happen by hitting post! But... unless you're moving to a different place for good, that's probably the only exception.

Water Bottle! Especially if you are travelling by flight, pack an empty bottle. Otherwise, FILL THAT BOTTLE UP!

Packing cubes and vacuum bags! Having moved so many times, and the torture of doing so, I have come to know that these things are actually the holy grail for us travel bugs. Vacuum bags are the key to anyone who loves to carry a lot of clothes but can't fit them all into their suitcase. You can even vacuum up a teddy bear and transport it across the earth, that's how effective these are, trust me when I say this. Packing cubes, on the other hand, remind you that less is more. Especially when you are packing for a short trip, these are handy since you know exactly how much to pack and don't take on more luggage than needed.

 Especially when you are packing for a short trip, these are handy since you know exactly how much to pack and don't take on more luggage than needed