🏮| P6: Vigor Centre 📰 Rationale 📰 Sport It Up |🏮

Title: As Fit As Fauj

Written By- NikkithaKJ

"We fight to win and win with a knockout because there are no runners up in a war." - General JJ Singh.

That statement gives us goosebumps, doesn't it?

It takes a lot of courage and confidence to make such an assertive statement. Health and fitness play a major role in instilling courage and confidence in a person.

Don't you want to try and be fit and healthy like army personnel? Don't you want to be courageous and confident?

Though it sounds difficult I'm sure you would want to give it a try! No harm in trying right?

Read on further without much ado!

Here are a few aspects to focus on to be a fit person:

Cardio: Most of us are aware of this kind of exercise but to make it simple, cardio exercises are those exercises that help in increasing the heart rate and maintain it at an increased rate for a prolonged period. Cardio exercises help in weight reduction, mood enhancement and living a healthy life. Jumping rope, power walking, dancing, swimming, boxing, and cycling are a few fun cardio options!

Strength and Endurance: In simple words, strength means the force you can put out, say, to lift a weight. Endurance means the number of times you can lift it without getting too exhausted. No prizes for guessing that the simplest way to build strength and endurance is to lift weights.

Flexibility: Flexibility is one important part of the workout routine. One can just call it the warm-up and stretching. It helps in being able to move the joints freely and to ensure the elasticity of muscles. Again, no prizes for guessing that the simplest way to improve flexibility is to stretch your body and loosen up your muscles.

Apart from all these, is there any other major aspect that plays a vital role in being as fit as a soldier?

We're all aware of this. Any person for that matter has to be aware of their diet to be fit.

Nutrition and Hydration: A proper, balanced diet has to be maintained in order to ensure that one gets sufficient amounts of all the requisite nutrients. It is also important to stay hydrated. It is rightly said that drinking enough water is like taking a shower on the inside of your body.

So, hope you find this article helpful and plan a workout that best suits you!