☕︎︎ //From The Future

genre? \\ fluff/angst!
summary? \\  In which, your son from the future comes back in time to meet you and Katsuki, but reason why is far from happy.
word count? \\ 1,285
requested? \\ yes!
a/n? \\ I'm thinking of turning this specific one-shot into a full story! Thoughts?? Also, this was originally posted on my Tumblr page, so if it seems familiar, that's why!
~~~~
You were walking back to the dorms with Mina while chatting about a new cat café that had opened up nearby. The day was as normal as it could be, and your conversation was average. Nothing weird was going on for once, and to be honest, you were sorta enjoying it. That was, until he showed up.

     "Hey, wait up!" you heard someone call out. You and Mina paid the voice no mind to the voice, as you didn't think they were addressing either of you. They shouted again, "Mom, Aunt Mina, slow down!"

     Upon hearing her name be said, Mina turned around to see who it was. You turned around as well and asked her, "If you're 'Aunt Mina' does that make me 'mom'?"

     "I mean, I think so," she answered as the two of you watched an unfamiliar boy quickly approach you.

     "Hi," he said as he tried to catch his breath.

You and Mina shared a look, unsure of what to do. "Um, hi," you said hesitantly.

     "Oh, right, you don't know who I am," he mumbled sheepishly.

     "Yeah, so do you mind telling us?" Mina asked.

"My name is Rin Bakugo!" he exclaimed.

You turned to Mina, "You think he's Bakugo's brother or something?"

"There's no way! Bakugo never mentioned having a brother," Mina replied.

"Maybe they're cousins, then?"

"Actually, I'm his son," Rin answered enthusiastically.

You choked on your spit, and Mina looked like she was going to have a stroke. "Huh?" was all you could spit out. You noticed the boy shared a few qualities with the said explosion boy and you. The boy standing in front of you had Katsuki's spiky hair, but it was the same color as yours. He also had the same striking crimson eyes as Katsuki.

Still, you weren't sure he was Katsuki's son, as he seemed to be the same age as the temperamental blonde. "There's no way!" Mina shouted, "You two are the same age!" She must have been reading your mind.

"Well, yeah, about that...I'm sorta from the future," he explained while rubbing his neck.

"Huh?!" you were shocked to say the least. You weren't sure if he was telling the truth, but it was possible so you tested out the theory. "Alright," you said, "Tell me something I should already know about the future." You watched him intently as he squinted, trying to think of something to tell you.

Suddenly his eyes widened and he seemed to know what to say. He snapped his fingers, "Oh, I got it! In a couple months, All Might is going to reti-,"

"Ok, we believe you," you said as you quickly cut him off. You knew he was going to mention All Might's retirement and you couldn't have Mina finding out about that just yet. Sure, it worried you that the symbol of peace would be retiring in two months, but you didn't know why he'd be retiring so there was nothing you could really do about it. "I guess you really are my son.." you said, taking a moment to absorb the reality of the situation.

"That's so cool!" Mina squealed. "So, Bakugo's your father, huh?" she asked as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yeah! I mean, I never actually got to meet him but-" he started, thought you cut him off once again.

"What do you mean you never got to meet him? Don't tell me he abandoned you with me!" you inquired.

He shook his head, "No that's not it. Actually, I never got to meet you, either. The two of you died shortly after I was born, trying to save me from a villain," he muttered sadly.

You didn't know what to say. Mina was freaking out too, but she did her best to stay quiet so that you could have a moment to take it all in, and process what you'd just been told. "Oh," was all you could say.

"It's alright, Uncle Ejiro and Aunt Mina took me in, and I'm doing alright. But, I was hoping to actually meet you which is why I came back here."

"Why did you come see us as kids? Why not go back to a time when we're actually adults?" you asked.

"I wanted to know what you were like at my age before going to see you when you're already married," he answered.

"Oh, alright. I guess that makes sense," Mina said. The two of you then noticed that he was staring at something behind you. As you both turned around, you saw Katsuki walking back to the dorms with Kirishima.

"I'm guessing you wanna go say 'hi'?" you asked.

"Duh," he replied before running off. You and Mina quickly followed, and caught up to him while he was introducing himself to Katsuki.

"There's no freaking way you're my kid, we're the same age!" Katsuki said in an irritated tone.

"Relax Bakugo, it has to do with his quirk. He time-traveled here, because we're gonna die in the future without getting to raise him," you explained. Mina nodded her head, as an act of support.

"Wait how can you tell that's not a lie?" Kirishima asked.

"He told us something that's gonna happen in the future. Well, he tried to anyway. Y/n cut him off, but she says she trusts him and I'm sure she knows what she's doing," Mina said.

"Oh ok," the redhead said, but the angry blonde only narrowed his eyes. "He does kinda look like the two of you," Kirishima noted.

"There's no way I'm believing it," the explosive boy said.

"How can you not?" you asked, slightly annoyed. "Do you want me to take you into the future to prove it?"

"Hell no! I'm not letting you use your quirk on me!" he shouted.

"Well then, what do you want me to do?" you yelled.

As the two of you entered into a verbal fight, your son nervously watched from the side. "Wow uncle Ejiro, they're so...different," he said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's just that from the way you described them, they're gonna end up as a really strong couple. But..I just don't see it right now, you know?"

"Don't let him fool you, he's totally head over heels for y/n, he's just not the best at expressing his feelings right now," Kirishima said.

"Wait, Bakugo likes her too?" Mina asked. "Don't tell me, we could've set them up a lot sooner!" She shook her head.

"Wait, but they're acting like they totally hate each other," Rin mentioned as he watched you and Katsuki tear into each other with your words. "You told me they'd rarely ever raise their voices at each other after they got married."

"Wow, I can't wait to see Bakugo as a softie," Mina exclaimed.

"So about the reason you're here.." Kirishima started.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry if my timings really bad or something. I just wanted to get a chance to really talk with them. You know?" Rin said, not looking away from your interaction with Katsuki.

Kirishima's happy expression had quickly faded. "No, your timing's great. Don't worry about that. I'm glad you came, actually. It just really sucks knowing what's going to happen to them."

"Wait, do you think there's a way we can change their future?" Mina asked.

Rin turned to look at her, "Honestly...I don't know."

"Well, it couldn't hurt to try!" she said. "Why don't we leave them alone for now and go get some ice cream or something?"

"Ok, sure!" Rin said excitedly.

As the three of them began walking off, Kirishima turned to Rin, "So, tell me more about what I'm like in the future!"
~~~~