- When he says he's proud

requested: no
genre: Fluff
summary: just Headcanons of when you're upset and he reminds you that he's always proud of you!
~~~
- When Katsuki admits how proud of you he is, it'll be because he's noticed your expressions getting more and more sad over the span of a couple weeks.

- Eventually, he'll be tired of seeing a frown on your face, and will pull you into his dorm one day after class to change it to a smile.

- "Oi, what's wrong with you?"

- "What?" you asked.

- "What's up with you? Why are so freaking down all the time?"

- "Oh, it's nothing important, don't worry about it! I'll be fine soon enough," you mumbled quietly.

- "That's a load of bull," he growled, "Your mood's only been getting worse, these last two weeks."

- "I..." you weren't sure what to tell him. You didn't want to admit that you were having problems with your parents, because you didn't want him to think less of you.

- You knew he was really soft on the inside, and he was always a lot nicer with you than he was with others, but you just couldn't bring yourself to say anything.

- "Y/n," he said, in a much softer tone. But you were staring at the ground and refused to acknowledge him. He repeated your name, but you stayed quiet.

- He put his hand under your chin and gently but swiftly lifted your head so that you'd look him in the eyes. "Dammit y/n, just tell me what's wrong!"

- You sighed as you slightly moved back and threw your gaze back to the floor, "It's just my parents. I just wish they'd actually be proud of me for something, even if it was just a little bit. It's stupid I know, I just-"

- "It's not stupid," he cut you off. "I get why you want their damn approval, but you might as well forget about it," he said with a smirk.

- "I'm telling you right now that you already have something better. Would I ever lie to you?" he asked.

- "I don't know, maybe? I guess it kinda depends," you replied as you finally looked up at him on your own and shrugged.

- "Oh screw you!"

- You laughed, but gestured for him to continue. He rolled his eyes, then said, "You already have something better than them being proud of you. You have me, and I'm already the proudest of you."