Chapter 03

A/N: Hi again! Hope you guys are doing well! Thank you so much for your response to the previous chapter! ❤❤ it means the world to me!

We finally get to meet Wei Ying after seven years in this chapter AND i will say the actual angst will begin in the next chapter 😇

Also, do let me know if you guys need their current ages?

EDIT: I've decided on these ages,

WWX - 22
LZ/WQ- 25
JC/LXC - 28
NHS/WN- 24
NMJ/WC/JZX- 30
JGY - 31
WX - 32

I hope you guys like this!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A slim figure clad in a black hoodie strolled down the small street of a peaceful little city, politely smiling at strangers that came his way and even sharing a tiny wave with familiar faces. Though it was not an unusual route for him, anyone who looked hard enough would see the steady trails of cautiousness gracing his steps..

The man slowly but gracefully entered into a small coffee shop covered in serenity, once again offering the barest of smiles to the customers sitting around as he made his way behind the counter and into the back area,

"Good morning jiejie"

Finally, the man dropped the hoodie, revealing his long shoulder length hair and a smile bright and shiny as he excitedly greeted a girl standing by,

"Good morning to you too a-yu!"

———-

Wei Wuxian... or Mo Xuanyu as people would call him led a very simple life.. but he was a man full of deep regrets in a world filled with secrets that he hoped no one would ever find out..

He didn't remember much of his past right after he had run away from his loved ones, the fragmented memories of the cold nights he spent on the streets trying to hide from the people who were looking for him still haunted him to the very present but in the end he was successful enough to slip through their fingers and run away into a small city where he knew they wouldn't think to look for him.

Fast forward to several years later, he had managed to get a job at a small cafe and had befriended the kind owner who had more or less helped him to get on his own feet, not by much but at least to help himself while also having applied to a university.

Now at the age of 22, he had let go of the boy who he once was and had become Mo Xuanyu, a second year university student working in the same cafe he had stumbled upon years ago, living in a small apartment.

He knew that there were still people out there looking for him. But he had hoped and prayed that they had stopped the search, he wasn't ready to go back to them, and he knew that he probably would never be ready to go back to them or the same luxurious life he had before but surprisingly he had no qualms about it.

He often wondered how his family would be doing, how his parents were, his aunts and uncles, his brothers that he grew up with, had Jiang Cheng already gotten married to Lan Xichen, but most importantly his heart and mind always kept going back to the one person who wouldn't leave him alone, even after seven years..

His Lan Zhan..

His beautiful, smart, strong, resilient Lan Zhan.. he knew that the older boy must have been heart broken by his decision to run away.. but he couldn't bear to look any of them in the eye after the death of his sister.. he wondered if the younger Lan found himself a lover, but the mere idea of stoic and strict Lan Zhan with a lover nearly brought him into tears..