Chapter 08

A/N: Hey there! Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope the day is going well for all you guys! 

This is by far the longest chapter I have written but hey I hope you guys will like it! 

I do apologise if it feels rushed? but i have lot of plans pending for the book and so far the chapters are going as planned. 

Question: Does Dai Mu Bai reminds anyone of Lan Xichen? No? Only me? 

anywayssssss, i really hope you like it!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fear.. was truly a funny thing. In a world full of morbid fascinations, there were people who feared about many things in life, some would drown in the constant fear of rejection, as some would live in fear of abandonment and so forth. But the harshest of them all appeared to be the fear of losing someone you held dear to your heart.

Jiang Cheng had vivid memories of crying in bed at night long in to his mid twenties about life's cruel way of ripping his only sister away from them, fears the plagued his dreams about the moment when his little brother watched as a large patch of red rapidly flowing down his body, eyes full of horrified fear, fears of his own mother crying and screaming at him, declaring that he was no longer her son and fears of his former best friend almost killing him in an uncontrollable rage.. but none of those could match the fear he had felt in the exact moment when the cold realization had hit him square in the gut that his baby brother resented him so much that he would blatantly put himself in danger just to try and get away from them.

After a full long night of restlessness, Jiang Cheng let shame and guilt consume in the most gruesome way possible, finally coming to a grave understanding about his misdeeds about how much pain, suffering and abuse he had inflicted upon a person who genuinely wanted nothing to do with him or their family.. as much as he wanted to rectify his unforgivable aberrations, this time he truly feared that he was too late to do so..

He got off the bed with the least amount of courage he had, going through his usual morning routine, knowing and noticing just how much the events of the previous night had affected his husband in the same manner as it had been done to him, and slowly made his way towards his brother's room.. no.. his own personal hell.. his mind corrected.. but a few steps in, the sound of a gruff voice had his rooted to his spot,

"A-Cheng. Please come down with Xichen. I think it's due time we all had a talk"

The disturbed look on Lan Qiren's face was enough to tell him that not only him, but everyone else too, was deeply disturbed from the night before.

He nodded his head solemnly, following the man down, where the rest of the members of the three families were already gathered around,

His parents were seated along with Wei Changze and Cangse-Sanren, with an almost emotionless Wen Rouhan standing behind them while the rest of the clan heirs were seated in front of them, each of them wearing looks of guilt,

He sat next to his husband, not daring to utter a single word for the first time in his twenty eight years of life, because simply, he did not know what to say..

For a fleeting minute, no one spoke, until Wen Rouhan had broken the ominous silence,

"I don't think I need to tell you that what happened last night was a terrifying moment for all of us, but with that being said, we think it is about time this madness should be coming to an end. Right this moment"